1/48 Wessex HU5 - 847 SQN, Royal Navy

Absolutely great model, very well done. Makes me really look forward to the release of new the two new H-34 kits - I just don't like the look of that Wessex "snout"...

One question: do the tyres come like that in the kit? They look flat and bulged which I think is just right for a Wessex/H-34.

Cheers

Jeffrey

Hi Andrew and everyone who has answered this post. Andrews made acracker of a job with his model but Italeri have made a jigsaw with the corner pieces missing!!!!

There are too many items/things that need attention on the kit, I've been making a list but it seems to be getting longer by the day.

I'm into my second set of conversion parts and sometimes I have to tear my hair out. It's not as if italeri didn't have any reference, the Italian navy used the H-34 so from the front of the cockpit aft it's the same ship.

At least they didn't get the length wrong, well yes but only by 4mm. I'm going to stop there as I'll run away with it.

As Andrew said the instruction sheet leaves a lot to be desired, hence his bloops with the dacal aft of the main rotorhead.

Maybe I should sit and do a serios kit critique put the beast to rest as it were!!!!

Colin on the Africa Station

Wonderful job Andrew. Not much more to say that hasn't been already said.

Looks like you've developed a particular style in finishing much like the Spanish school of modelling, aka my friends over at escala espanola.

Very nice mate, very nice indeed.

Oh that's a really nice model you've made there! Nice crisp paintwork and really convincing interior detailing! Nice sharp panellines and how did you get that whitish glare in the green paint! Absolutely a must on my Falklands list of kits!! Congrats!! :analintruder:

Absolutely great model, very well done. Makes me really look forward to the release of new the two new H-34 kits - I just don't like the look of that Wessex "snout"...

One question: do the tyres come like that in the kit? They look flat and bulged which I think is just right for a Wessex/H-34.

Cheers

Jeffrey

The tyres are straight from the kit - no mods.

Oh that's a really nice model you've made there! Nice crisp paintwork and really convincing interior detailing! Nice sharp panellines and how did you get that whitish glare in the green paint! Absolutely a must on my Falklands list of kits!! Congrats!! :analintruder:

The olive drab was post shaded with faded olive drab which is quite grey. The effect is pretty subtle with the model in front of you.

Glad you like it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...