1/48 Wessex HU5 - 847 SQN, Royal Navy

Andrew you have brought back so many memories for me. We had Mk5 Wessex at RAF Shawbury in the late 70's for multi engine training.

The Shawbury Mk5's where eventually replaced with the redundant 72 Sqn Wessex around 1980.

I must get one of these to build as a Shawbury Wessex with the red air intake and red band around the spine.

Only one thing missing on yours though! Loads of grease splattered around the main rotor head!

Thanks for the memories and as they say, "Happiness is a Big Chopper"

Cheers, Jim

Edited by Jim Saudi

My God - that's absolutely fantastic. I thought the first few pictures were nice, but the view inside the cabin is really impressive. And what a great finish!

I've been toying with the idea of build one of these - I just might now!

Spence :)

Thats an absolute beauty, well done indeed! Judging by the titles of the pics, will this be appearing in SAM in the near future?

All the best

Tony O

I`m on my second one of these already, I agree its a lovely kit!! Wait until Ali does his RAF HC.2 conversion!

THAT

IS a Wessex

magnificent modelling

Take heloman's comments in and there won't be a better Wessex around

I can see I really do have to have this model now

Andrew, thanks for sharing it with us

bill

Thanks very much again to all for your kind words.

Congratulation Andrew, magnificent job, as an ex Wessex maintainer I think you have captured 'the look' nicely.

If I may point out a couple of items, more for those building the kit in the future. The two rear wire aerial posts at the rear of the tail cone you have correctly positioned more splayed out than on the other types.This to give graeter ground clearance. Note also Andrew has added the colour code bands to the main and tail rotor heads. These denote the blade to root attachemnt.The anti slip paint decal aft of the main rotrohead, should be poitioned further aft of the grill around the main rotorhead.

Thanks Colin for the feedback - much appreciated. That anti slip decal gave me all sorts of nightmares, the placement instructions are rubbish, and reference pics didn't really help too much either. I wonder if the decal is actually oversized ? I didn't want to put it over the panel line but it didn't really make sense to put it over the mesh either ?? :oops:

A masterpiece!

What about the kit and fitting of the parts? It's good? I have the same kit in my stash

ciao

Ale

Ale, the kit fits pretty good by Italeri standards. I've learnt the hard way to reference check what they tell you to do anyway. :coolio:

Thats an absolute beauty, well done indeed! Judging by the titles of the pics, will this be appearing in SAM in the near future?

All the best

Tony O

I`m on my second one of these already, I agree its a lovely kit!! Wait until Ali does his RAF HC.2 conversion!

Sorry Tony - nothing as flash as SAM I'm afraid ( not that I wouldn't mind you) but my camera is a Samsung and gives a file name accordingly :banghead:

Edited by Andrew Perren