This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

wadeocu

New Bucc Book (some concerns about accuracy)

Oooops! That'll teach them to use Wiki articles. :lol:

I really hate these "on demand" publishing companies. They infest abebooks, amongst others, and are mostly Wikipedia compilations - in other words, crap. Buyer beware!

Does anybody make a "correction" set, so I can make my Airfix Bucc look like the one in that "High Quality" photo? :mental:

Larry

Well the wings fold, it has a fixed AAR probe and 2 engines, surely that's close enough?

:hmmm:

blackburn-buccaneer.jpg

Just a thought,

Anyone had a look at the picture on the front of the A6 Intruder Publication by these people?

Selwyn

Just a thought,

Anyone had a look at the picture on the front of the A6 Intruder Publication by these people?

Selwyn

This one? :)

a-6-intruder.jpg

Iain

Are these actually real? I ask because the text in grey looks like Google key words or similar, and I can't see how a book on the Buccaneer could give the Q-5 so much prominence as to elevate it to a key word; nor how "reciprocating engine" could do the same for the A-6. They seem more like mock-ups that might turn out to be much better when published.

That all made sense until some robot starting hoovering up bits of text from here and there and re-quoting them as comments ... now my :banghead:

Edited by pigsty

Maybe we are all missing the point....it might, after all be a new tool Trumpy or Mach 2 Buccaneer!

.....I'll get me :coat:

Steve

A scam for sure; I encountered this 'publication" while searching ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blackburn-Buccaneer-NEW-by-Frederic-P-Miller-/150890415922?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item2321c50732

$63.23 for what is essentially plagiarized internet dribble is shocking! What is "trade paper" format anyhow?

The A-6 cover is even more ridiculous. Is that a civilian airliner? At least the confusion between the A-6 and Bucc is somewhat logical!

The response was 'I'm not in a position to check on the stock (for accuracy etc). Please don't hesitate to ask if we can help further'.

Lot of help that was, they haven't a clue, and couldn't care less. :fraidnot:

Lot of help that was, they haven't a clue, and couldn't care less. :fraidnot:

Exactly - this outfit, and others like them, are scam artists making a quick buck from wikipedia. Buyer beware!

What is "trade paper" format anyhow?

Isn't that what's used to wrap fish-n-chips? :winkgrin:

Larry