Revell 1/72 A-6E TRAM

m0gb0y74

Hi,

I have a 1/72nd scale Revell A-6E TRAM Intruder that according to the box was made about 2002 and is a lovely kit. All references that I can find to a Revell intruder seem to be about a rather nasty ex-Hasegawa kit.

Looking at other kits, the Revell kit I have seems strikingly similar to the Italeri kit. Does anyone know if these kits are one and the same?

James :-)

Edited by m0gb0y74

Revell indeed reboxed the italeri kit at some point.

It's easy to tell the more modern italeri kit from the previous revell one as the italian kit is much more detailed, has proper wheel wells and the access ladders can be shown open. The load included rockeye cluster bombs and HARM missiles.

The previous revell A-6E was a korean copy of the hasegawa kit with recessed panel lines instead of the original raised ones. The load included Mk.82 bombs and tanks only.

• Like 1

Thanks for that it seems that I have the Italeri one - it has a wingfold option as well. The 'Super Decal' tag on the box seems just like Italeri as well.

James :-)

p.s. you wouldn't happen to know of any aftermarket PE or resin kits for it?

Edited by m0gb0y74

I know Eduard has something as I saw a zoom PE set for the italeri kit just a few days ago. This included the instrument panel and a few other bits.

Might be worth checking eduard's website, if they have the zoom set they might have something else.