Frems 1/48th MB339A

Hi All,

Further to sorting out my old built up collection in preparation for this year’s SMW event, I thought I would post some of my older builds for your viewing pleasure.

It’s sad really as these seldom now see the light of day and reside in a box in the loft.

I built the Frems kit when it first appeared quite a few years ago,

Built from the box but used a bit of artistic licence as it has Paragon Resin Jaugar seats fitted to enhance the cockpit area.

From memory a nice pleasant build, and did well for me in the comps entered at the time.

Enjoy

Rick G

mod199.jpgmod198.jpgmod197.jpgmod196.jpg

• Like 5

Unlike others here, I USED to have the Frecce boxing of this kit. Now I've seen how well it makes up I wish I still had it to do. Nice work.

it's a nice kit -i wonder what happened to frems?

Nothing happened to Frems, they are still on the go. They are an industrial precision engineering company and the MB339 was their first and only (afaik) delve into scale modelling. They obviously didn't think there was money in it.

http://www.mfg.com/Manufacturers/FREMS-SRL-995490_en.html

I built this kit as well and it is a little gem although the engraved lines are a little heavy.

Very smart indeed, looks flawless, good scheme you used. Seems there are a few of us with this kit still to build - my intention is to complete it as an Argentine aircraft, Falklands 1982, and I have some a/m seats, plus the slightly different rocket pods used. It looks very impressive in the box, beautifully packaged, excellent instructions. Interesting that FREMS seemed to abandon the model business after producing this single high quality kit.

Tony