1/72 Airfix Spitfire MkI

Hello everyone, hope you all had a nice weekend.

Posting my latest build for you. 1/72 Airfix Spitfire, was going to be a quick clean build but after I dropped it and broke both the aerial masts I changed my mind and roughed it up a bit, not sure if roughing up this particular aircraft is historically correct but hey ho. I've used the 3D-Kits Rotol Spitfires MkI & II set, it included a new seat,control column plus the decals and Rotol prop, they all seemed to work very well. This aircraft was from 54 Squadron, Hornchurch in March 1940. Paints used were a mix of Gunze, Citadel, Tamiya and Vallejo plus washes from Flory models, Mig and Citadel. Hope the pictures are ok, using google web albums for the first time.

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%282%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%283%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%284%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%286%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%287%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%288%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%2821%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%2810%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%2814%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%2816%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%2817%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%2819%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%281%29.jpg

Thanks for looking and all comments welcome.

Cheers...

• Like 3

Hello everyone, hope you all had a nice weekend.

Posting my latest build for you. 1/72 Airfix Spitfire, was going to be a quick clean build but after I dropped it and broke both the aerial masts I changed my mind and roughed it up a bit, not sure if roughing up this particular aircraft is historically correct but hey ho. I've used the 3D-Kits Rotol Spitfires MkI & II set, it included a new seat,control column plus the decals and Rotol prop, they all seemed to work very well. This aircraft was from 54 Squadron, Hornchurch in March 1940. Paints used were a mix of Gunze, Citadel, Tamiya and Vallejo plus washes from Flory models, Mig and Citadel. Hope the pictures are ok, using google web albums for the first time.

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%282%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%283%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%284%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%286%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%287%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%288%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%2821%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%2810%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%2814%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%2816%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%2817%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%2819%29.jpg

1-72+Airfix+Spitfire+%281%29.jpg

Thanks for looking and all comments welcome.

Cheers...

Very nice indeed. Excellent finish, especially the wear and tear.

Tim.

Wonderful build, I think It was a good thing you have broken the aerial masts, if it have had not happened we have missed a wonderful build.

I like a lot the nice weathered finish you did and the whole job you have done, thank you very much for sharing.

Thats gorgeous Mike, I agree with Luis the weathering job you have done is great so definately a good thing you broke that mast :)

Out of interest what did you use for the silver chipping, it looks great!

Cheers, Stu

.Thanks guys, really glad you like it and I really appreciate all your comments.

Thats gorgeous Mike, I agree with Luis the weathering job you have done is great so definately a good thing you broke that mast :)

Out of interest what did you use for the silver chipping, it looks great!

Cheers, Stu

Thanks Stu, the chipping is done with a PRISMACOLOR VERITHIN pencil, number 753 Metallic silver, I got it from Models r go and it's really easy to use and if you don't like a bit then a firm rub will remove it.

Cheers...

Cheers for the tip Mike, have tried chipping with a silver pencil but cant seem to get the results, not sure if it is because i cant find a prismacolor one, the one i tried was a faber castell. Out of interest did you do it before the first gloss coat as i have only tried it as the last thing before putting a matt coat on?

Cheers, Stu

Thanks chaps,

Stu I find it works best on a matt finish so most of it was applied after the matt coat, you can then apply another coat on top if you wish although with careful handling I don't think it necessary. I've also tried other pencils before but this is the only one that has really done what I was after.

HL-10, I went with this scheme because of the underside black/white, think they look really cool.

Cheers...

Edited by Spikelhund

• 4 weeks later...