Mustang 9267/ PR267 of 403 Squadron, RCAF

Here it is. My fourth RCAF Mustang representing 403 Sqn City of Calgary and second new tool Airfix kit to 1/72nd.

Alcladded in overall aluminium and coated with Xtracrylic matt ove Klear and those superb Leading Edge decals.

Picture267.jpg

Picture266.jpg

Picture264.jpg

Picture263.jpg

Picture262.jpg

Picture261.jpg

Picture260.jpg

Picture259.jpg

Picture258.jpg

The finish represents the lacquered Aluminuim finish and retains the Hamilton Standard Cuffed prop as opposed to the later square tipped version. I have seen a photo of this unit with both types of props on their Mustangs in the same line up

Edited by Paul J
  • Like 3

Paul:

Another beauty for the collection! Still waiting for my Airfix copies. I did a Tamiya 403 "bird" earlier this year and the Airfix kit certainly appears to stack up well! If your looking to add the "peculiar" spindly Canadian rocket rails of the era, you can use the rails off the Heller/Revell Harvards. They look the part!

Al

Hi Al,

Long time no hear! Thats a good pointer re the rocket rails. I think I have some knocking about. Still waiting for the next version of the kit from Airfix which will have the rockets and the square tipped prop. So the rest of the LE decals I have can be used.

Paul:

Summer time is about '0' modelling time for me! Now as the days begin to cool, I hope to be back at the workbench before too long. Still haven't "cracked" my LE "Eastern Canadian" decals as yet.

Al

Thank you again all. This is my fourth RCAF P-51 so far this year and second Airfix one. Incidentally the black antenna behind the cockpit is included in those absolutely gorgeous Leading Edge decals and is left unpainted!