Scenic backgrounds...

Hi Dean,

I was so impressed by your images that I asked my wife to have a look at them and asked for her thoughts.

She asked me if these images were the ones I took at the aviation museum in the USA. She thought they were real aircraft! That just shows the quality of your builds and the backgrounds they are displayed against.

Brilliant concept and I'll be trying that myself.

Thanks for posting

Mike

Cheers folks! Nice to get so many replies...

In answer to a couple of you, M3 - it was Guagemaster scenic matt which I bought on a roll from Modelzone for about £5.99. It comes in several shades of grass, spring, autumn etc. I think I picked the wrong one for my background as it was too yellow in the pics.

Geedub - I took the shots under an overcast sky as that's what the background picture was like and I was trying to match the conditions. I tend to agree with you about higher contrast, and will try to get a sunnier picture soon - I said I was going to build up a set of different backgrounds to suit different lighting conditions.

Bootneck - aw, shucks! is all I can say...

To the rest of you, thanks for the encouragement - I'll try some more and let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

Dean

Those are great models! The Tiger Moth is real isn't it? As for the photography, having a realistic background certainly adds that really good finishing touch! I'm afraid I too will be giving that a go! :)

The General beat me to it, but look at his Valiant WP215, with the real 'country' as a backdrop, the Lincolnshire Wolds. However Dean your efforts look very effective, much better than mine with either the back wall or green house as back ground. Yuo obviously live in a lovely part of the country. Oh!, and yes the models look very well made and presented.

Cheers,

exbrat