1/72 Revell Junkers F13

Geoff King

Hope I'm not too late to join in? I'd like to build the Junkers F13 in 1/72, been eyeing this one for quite a while but just haven't had the motivation to unpack it. I have the J-Bot decals for a Canadian version, however I don't have skis and don't want to use the floats so I plan to put it on wheels. I also have the small Eduard photo etch set which I will use some of what's offered.

Cheers,

Geoff

DSC00458.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Lol! Sorry Doug, what I meant to say was that I will be saving them for another F13 project, a Swedish version on floats!! :bleh:

Here is a brief update, main bits together, very basic cockpit, getting ready for the overall black coat and then when dry mask off for the silver/aluminum(or is that aluminium?!). The fuselage was a bit fiddly to get together and have it all line up properly but that may have been user error. Seems to have worked out okay though, so far!

Cheers,

Geoff

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

DSC00485.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after enduring a hurricane one week and a blizzard the next I finally have something to update! :beer:

Here is the Junkers with decals and a brush coat of future finish. The decals were a little difficult to work with, not because of their makeup but because of the corrugated surface of the aircraft. They would settle in nicely to the troughs and ridges initially, but as they dried they would tighten up and pull air underneath creating a nice big air pocket. Its taken a little work to fix them, and I've gotten most complete but there are still a few bubbles left. It's generally a nice kit to construct although the engineering of the fuselage is a bit fiddly. Hope to have this done by next weekend, barring any new natural disasters! Hope you like!

Cheers,

Geoff

:poppy:

DSC00516.jpg

DSC00518.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...