This is Revell's 32nd Spitfire, not the old one, but the one based on the Hasegawa's V.

They released it with new Mk I wings which meant the wings had engraved panel lines, as opposed to the raised ones on the fuselage.

I engraved the fuselage and just made seat padding and harness from Milliput and lead foil.

Humbrol enamels were used to paint her.

Spitfire1.jpg

Spitfire2.jpg

Spitfire4.jpg

Spitfire5.jpg

Spitfire7.jpg

Spitfire9.jpg

Spitfire11.jpg

Spitfire12.jpg

Spitfire13.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 2

Hi Friend:

Superb job, I like the clean planes but here I like this one as the way you have finished this one and the weathered appearance well done dirty parts, guns smoke trail, scratches and dents is very real; you have achieved here making the Spit as a very busy one, that's a masterwork!!! Thank you very much for sharing,.

Edited by Luis Alfonso
  • Like 2

Now that is how to weather a Spit,dirty,well used but no big black OTT panel lines.

One of "Prof" Leathart's 54Sqn steeds too.

He engaged an He111 near Dunkirk on the 21 May,1940(one of the first Spit combats over northern France)

whilst flying P9389.

P9389 was shot down by a 109 on 24 September,the pilot,Kiwi Plt Off Stewart,abandoned the fighter at

20,000 feet and parachuted down to land safely in the Thames Estuary.

Nice mate.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments and compliments, they are all greatly appreciated.

Miggers, thanks for the info on the actual aeroplane, always good to know the history behind the machines I build, thanks alot!

Hi Friend,

I have to agree with Spitfire31. Your Spit has flair and is rather stunning. It looks very realistic with superb paintwork and extensive weathering.

Congrats. Thank you very much for sharing.

Karen