RAF 1/48 A-7K

smeds

My plan is to do a Hobbyboss 1/48 A-7K in RAF guise. Luckily for me the 'K' kit comes with the Navy refuelling probe which is compatible with the RAF system, in fact I think the A-7K boxing and TA-7C boxing are the same apart from the decals.

Not sure yet what scheme but its going to either Gray / green over light aircraft gray or Desert storm / Op Granby.

To be honest I am leaning toward the Desert Storm / Op Granby scheme. I have ordered some Tornado Op Granby decals, but my favorite nose art is Jaws/Lynn from the Buccaneer, so might use those if I can get some. the MA sheet has them but it would be expensive to buy for one option. Unless anyone out there has a spare :whistle:

Was going to put a bid in for grey/green but seems I'm out of step with popular opinion :(

Never mind, sure I'll live, welcome to the GB and hope to see your progress on this one soon.

• 3 weeks later...

SLUFs are cool, I always thought the two seater looked very purposeful, like it could be a proper nasty piece of work

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Col,

Yeah a little bit done since those pics. Got to paint and fit the seats, paint the canopy, load her up and some small details to finish the model

I only have GBU-10's (Mk 84 LGB's) to put on the pylons as I dont have any UK bombs.

I thought the 'replacement' pylon would work as well, thanks for spotting that.