Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Arniec

1/48 Sea Harrier FA3 Finished 26-12-2012

Recommended Posts

Here are two pictures after fitting the 100% LERX.

To get a better fit on the topside I needed to use a extra piece of plastic on the underside.

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

The build will now be going in a more normal pace. I still believe that it will be finished before this build stops.

I have also been thinking about the colours and I think I will be going for Dark Sea Grey.

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be trying to do some more work this week. I think it will be mostly fitting all sorts of small pieces.

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys here are some pictures of the armament that hade a dry fit to see if it would fit the wings. there were two options to place the amraams. one on the outer pilon and the second one on the second pilon (from the outside). I wil go with the second option.

I also made a colour sheet to see witch colour I would use. I think I will go with Medium sea grey from Gunze. It is for MSG to dark, but almost a match to DSG from Tamiya. I didn't wanted a colour that was to light or to dark.

armament layout

IMG_3648.jpg

the two layouts for the armament

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

and here is a picture from the coclour shart

IMG_3642.jpg

cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the load out mock up pictures, should be good

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that cockpit looks fantastic Arnie, really nice work.

Which white did you use for the intakes? That's cracking covering over the black/silvers from the fan, white is a colour I really struggle to get down well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that cockpit looks fantastic Arnie, really nice work.

Which white did you use for the intakes? That's cracking covering over the black/silvers from the fan, white is a colour I really struggle to get down well.

Thanxs Danny.

The white I used was the matt version from Tamiya.

The fan was quite simple to do. I first painted the fan black (tamiya) and after it was dry I drybrushed some silver paint (testors enemel) over it. This was left to dry for a day and then I masked the fan with some tamiya tape. I made the mask with a alfa cutter. Then I sprayed the white on.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're going to Whiff it, why not a couple of asraams?

Yeah yeah yeah!

AMRAAM on the outers

ASRAAM on the outriggers

AMRAAM on the intermediate

Tanks on the inners

Guns on the fuselage.

Grrrr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're going to Whiff it, why not a couple of asraams?

Your absolutely right Dave.

The only problem is I didn't have any spare ones.

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanxs Dave.

Now I have to do some scratch building. :poo:

Maybee if I have some time left I will give it a try.

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of how you arm this one she's going to look wonderfull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will do my best :bounce:

I hope I can do some more work on friday. There are still loads of small stuff to do before the paint can go on.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a small update of the things I have done sins last time. It is not much and I also forgot to take a picture of the Instrument panel before it did go in.

Here are some pictures of it is today. i also used the decals for the cord in the cockpitglas, but there is no picture of it. I have dipped it into some klear this morning to seal it in.

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

There are still some things to do before the paint can go on. I hope to have a new update next week.

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice detail work on that instrument panel. That radome akes a bit of getting used to with the screen; I'm really looking forward to the end result. Keep up the good work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disaster struck today. I managed to smear the cockpit glas with some glue. I hope I can salvage it. Luckily it is on the outside.

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh that's bad luck! It's looking great, too... you can put a lot right on a canopy if you have some really fine sanding sticks, I've found!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh that's bad luck! It's looking great, too... you can put a lot right on a canopy if you have some really fine sanding sticks, I've found!

I will try to save this build tomorrow by sanding with very high sanding pads.

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no! It's going so well, good luck with the sanding...

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh no! hopefully you can fix it up.

I have/had a 1/72 Ar234-P which I managed to knock over a bottle for liquid cement on, plastic was sort of ok, canopy.......... lets just say the whole thing is now in the box of doom.

No amount of polishing/sanding will fix...... :weep:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...