1/48 Sea Harrier FA3 Finished 26-12-2012

Arniec

Hi Guys, I managed to save it! :) Here are the pictures of how I did it.

Some pictures of the fitted hood before the sanding. You can see the finger print on the glas. :doh:

IMG_3710.jpg

IMG_3711.jpg

The Sanding pads

IMG_3712.jpg

After the first stage of sanding(3200 grid)

IMG_3713.jpg

After the third stage of sanding (6000 grid) I forgot to take a picture of the second stage :banghead:

IMG_3714.jpg

The fourth stage. It is becoming clearer now.

IMG_3715.jpg

The Fifth stage (clearer again). Almost there!!!

IMG_3716.jpg

The sixth stage (tooth paste) Almost there.

IMG_3717.jpg

And the last stage is with some Novus 3. This brings the shine back!!!! :yahoo:

IMG_3718.jpg

Now on with the small parts before painting can commence.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

oh no! hopefully you can fix it up.

I have/had a 1/72 Ar234-P which I managed to knock over a bottle for liquid cement on, plastic was sort of ok, canopy.......... lets just say the whole thing is now in the box of doom.

No amount of polishing/sanding will fix...... :weep:

Sorry to hear that! I have hade the same hard lesson once and since that time I always keep glue and clear parts away from eachother till the very end.

Cheers,

Good moves! Nice save.

BTW, have you noticed the resin canopy sill/frame is too short? I saw on another build that he had cut a piece off the original kit part to make up the difference... can't find the link at the moment though, sorry!

Good moves! Nice save.

BTW, have you noticed the resin canopy sill/frame is too short? I saw on another build that he had cut a piece off the original kit part to make up the difference... can't find the link at the moment though, sorry!

Thanxs Dave. I did notice it as well. The problem with the resin Sill/Frame is not only that it is to short but it also is a bit to narrow. Thats why I hade some problems with it. I mannaged to brake of a piece on the right side, because it wouldn't fit properly. I reatached it to the canopy and after two days of curring I Filled up the gap with some super glue.

O, and thank you for the tip of the origonal piece. If I had not been so stubborn I would have made a better job out of it the first time.

Cheers,

Thanxs Guys,

I have done some more work today. I didn't think that some cleaning up of the droptanks would take me a hour this morning. :banghead:

It's almost ready now to paint. If I start that (hopefully in the weekend) I will take some pictures.

Cheers,

Finaly some paint on today. Here are some pictures of how it went.

ready for some paint.

IMG_3732.jpg

All the loose stuf before painting.

IMG_3736.jpg

IMG_3735.jpg

IMG_3734.jpg

Pre shading done

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

And finaly after a coat of Gunze medium sea grey.

IMG_3740.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3742.jpg

IMG_3743.jpg

And also some pictures of all the small stuff painted. I painted the drop tank Barley grey and the missiles their own colour.

IMG_3746.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3745.jpg

IMG_3747.jpg

Cheers,

I have done a coat of klear today to seal the paint job. Hopefully I can do some decals in the next couple of days. I also do need to get the paint on the nose and landing gear. Ooo almost forgot that the sidewinders and AMRAAMS also need some more color.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

love the little holders, what a great idea. The paint job looks great, like the shading.

Ooo and lots of things that go bang!!!

I notice the old Esci Kfir hidden in the background, haven't seen an Esci kit for ages. I had one of those it was a great model, think it is still packed up at my folks place.

love the little holders, what a great idea. The paint job looks great, like the shading.

Ooo and lots of things that go bang!!!

I notice the old Esci Kfir hidden in the background, haven't seen an Esci kit for ages. I had one of those it was a great model, think it is still packed up at my folks place.

Thanxs

To be ohnest I have two Kfirs in the background. One in the Italeri box and the other is the ESCI one. The Italeri one is build up, but still hase no paint.

Cheers,

Hi Guys,

Here are some pictures of the model with the main decals on. They are from a Sky models decals set. These were printed by cartograf so are very good.

the first picture is just when I started and thought I should take a picture before the decals are on. You can see this with the aircraft registation number already on the underside of the tail. This decal was modified to look like a late registration number. I changed it from XZ489 to ZX984.

If it's correct I don't know, but hey!!! it's a WHAT IF!!!!!The rest of the photo's is how she is now. I hope to do the stenciling tomorrow.

IMG_3748.jpg

IMG_3751.jpg

IMG_3749.jpg

IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3752.jpg

IMG_3755.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

IMG_3756.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

I have also been doing some more painting yesterday. I have painted the front of the sidewinders and AMRAAM's ther right colours and also did do the nose cone in DSG.

I hope you guys like it sofar.

Cheers,

The tail markings in particular really bring this one to life for me. Cracking update Arnold. Hope the smaller decals also go on that well for you.

• Like 1

Thanxs Col.

I have done a lot of stencilling today, but still not finished. I still have to do the top of the wings and than it will be ready. I didn't think that it would take me so long to do the decals (almost 5 hours). After the decals tomorrow it will get a new coat of Klear and on Sunday I will do the panel lines.

And on Monday I can start to put everything together. It will be a close call, but I think I will get there on time.

Cheers,

Hi guys,

Again some pictures of the build. The decals are now all on and I have also done some more detail painting.

The decals from Revell went on well. They are only a little bit on the dull side. After a coat of klear that all vanished.

the ordonance:

IMG_3763.jpg

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_3761.jpg

The plane:

IMG_3765.jpg

IMG_3766.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_3768.jpg

That is it sofar. Tomorrow will bring the panellines and a dull coat.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Here are some pictures of the model after putting the pannellines on and the last series of foto's are after the model hase gotten his last coat of matt paint.

The underside of the model with Sludge on.

IMG_3769.jpg

The model with the sludge removed. Only not in the panellines.

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3771.jpg

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3774.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

Here is the model after the matt coat.

IMG_3776.jpg

IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3779.jpg

Cheers,

Thanks.

Yes guys, It's more of a if only than a what if. I also didn't understand why they updated the FRS1 instead of

Getting new ones together with the RAF. I think they would get a better deal.

I hope to have it finished this week.

Hi Guys, First of all a Mery Christmas.

Here are again some pictures of the build. You guys must be getting tired of me now.

Here are some pictures of the fixed undercarriage and some pictures of weathering the exhausts and underside of the belly.

The undercarriage fix. I hade to fille some of the wheels away to get all the 5 wheels on the floor.

IMG_3782.jpg

The exhaust. made older with some filter/wash.

IMG_3790.jpg

IMG_3791.jpg

IMG_3784.jpg

IMG_3785.jpg

IMG_3789.jpg

And finaly the weathered underside.

IMG_3793.jpg

IMG_3792.jpg

This is how far I got today. After the exhausts are placed I can put on the pillons with the armament.

There is still a lot to do, but the end is in sight.

Cheers,