1/48 Sea Harrier FA3 Finished 26-12-2012

Arniec

Here are two pictures after fitting the 100% LERX.

To get a better fit on the topside I needed to use a extra piece of plastic on the underside.

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

The build will now be going in a more normal pace. I still believe that it will be finished before this build stops.

I have also been thinking about the colours and I think I will be going for Dark Sea Grey.

Cheers,

Hi guys here are some pictures of the armament that hade a dry fit to see if it would fit the wings. there were two options to place the amraams. one on the outer pilon and the second one on the second pilon (from the outside). I wil go with the second option.

I also made a colour sheet to see witch colour I would use. I think I will go with Medium sea grey from Gunze. It is for MSG to dark, but almost a match to DSG from Tamiya. I didn't wanted a colour that was to light or to dark.

armament layout

IMG_3648.jpg

the two layouts for the armament

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

and here is a picture from the coclour shart

IMG_3642.jpg

cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Wow that cockpit looks fantastic Arnie, really nice work.

Which white did you use for the intakes? That's cracking covering over the black/silvers from the fan, white is a colour I really struggle to get down well.

Wow that cockpit looks fantastic Arnie, really nice work.

Which white did you use for the intakes? That's cracking covering over the black/silvers from the fan, white is a colour I really struggle to get down well.

Thanxs Danny.

The white I used was the matt version from Tamiya.

The fan was quite simple to do. I first painted the fan black (tamiya) and after it was dry I drybrushed some silver paint (testors enemel) over it. This was left to dry for a day and then I masked the fan with some tamiya tape. I made the mask with a alfa cutter. Then I sprayed the white on.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

I will do my best :bounce:

I hope I can do some more work on friday. There are still loads of small stuff to do before the paint can go on.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Here is a small update of the things I have done sins last time. It is not much and I also forgot to take a picture of the Instrument panel before it did go in.

Here are some pictures of it is today. i also used the decals for the cord in the cockpitglas, but there is no picture of it. I have dipped it into some klear this morning to seal it in.

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

There are still some things to do before the paint can go on. I hope to have a new update next week.

Cheers,

Oh that's bad luck! It's looking great, too... you can put a lot right on a canopy if you have some really fine sanding sticks, I've found!

I will try to save this build tomorrow by sanding with very high sanding pads.

Cheers,

oh no! hopefully you can fix it up.

I have/had a 1/72 Ar234-P which I managed to knock over a bottle for liquid cement on, plastic was sort of ok, canopy.......... lets just say the whole thing is now in the box of doom.

No amount of polishing/sanding will fix...... :weep: