Heinkel He 177- A6 Greiff

This looks great, nice job.

PS how do you keep your cutting mat so clean? Mine looks like its been attacked by the paint / glue / filler monster.

Nigel

Edited by Nigel Heath

The tail turrets were built as prototypes but were really, really cramped for anyone bigger than a ten year old. Step forward all you suicidal Hitler Youth zealots - not you Ratzinger, you're going to be Pope!

There was also a manned tail turret for the Ju 188, but that was even smaller. One of the Ju 288 prototypes was test flown with a tail turret mock up.

I do wonder why the Luftwaffe , unlike the USAAF and RAF, never really took to gun turrets?

Excellent build by the way! I sought out a copy of this model due to your build!

Is it not correct that all A-6s had the rear dorsal turret removed? It is stated in the book "Heinkel He177, 277, 274" by Manfred Griehl and Joachim Dressel

Nice build regardless whether it may or may not be inaccurate.

Is it not correct that all A-6s had the rear dorsal turret removed? It is stated in the book "Heinkel He177, 277, 274" by Manfred Griehl and Joachim Dressel

My book says about A-6 : none build, so I do have some artistic freedom :winkgrin:

Meanwhile some progress again

IMG_5833.jpg

IMG_5841.jpg

IMG_5838.jpg

IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_5852.jpg

IMG_5844.jpg

pff...reaching finishline , bout time

• 4 months later...