don't mind bout the glue, it's inside the wings, nothing won't be seen anymore

this is much neater

IMG_5264.jpg

and so is this

IMG_5281.jpg

fuselages got together in the meantime

IMG_5278.jpg

IMG_5277.jpg

meanwhile I'v bought vac-canopies from Squadron, gonna be a challenge, first time I'm using those, more later

• Like 1

I love it! The cockpit looks great, thought it was 1/48th unit I read the thread properly!

Have thought about the MPM model as well, would like it but don't have the room, plus it's a bit hard to hide from the wife! :nono::D

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

been a while since last update, so here's where I'm now

Have to admit, I'm not gonna use the vac canopies, not that they don't fit, they do, but the nosesection of the fuselages is pushed about 1 mm sidewards by the cockpitassembly, therefor I need to have strength in gluiing the canopies on, strength the vac thingies don't have

conversion parts for the A-6 version added, lot's o' putty there

IMG_5289.jpg

the large amount of putty has been wiped away with mr color thinner

IMG_5296.jpg

a lot of work got into the fit of the bombbay, it's too wide

IMG_5454.jpg

canopy masking, much fun....

a little glue got underneath the tape used for clamping fuselage to fit uppersection of the canopy, I'll take care of that later

IMG_5510.jpg

PE exhausts for the HS293 glide bombs

IMG_5439.jpg

it's this big

IMG_5438.jpg

few subs

IMG_5498.jpg

wings on, the thing safely stored away in between work

IMG_5515.jpg

All that's left to do for now are the PE hinges on the wings and tail, then finally it's time for the paintjob

• Like 1

Base coat added ( Vallejo grey primer, small bottles, I really love this stuff ), checked for flaws, couldn't find any, so I must admit hard putty/sandingwork pays well :thumbsup:

IMG_5574.jpg

IMG_5582.jpg

IMG_5576.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5577.jpg

IMG_5581.jpg

I know, boring dull, these pics of grey primer coat :banghead:

• Like 1

As far as I could understand out of my big HE 177 book, the answer is NO, it did only exist on paper

btw, reminds me I forgot to explain my way of putting on them PE hinges onto the wings...I did a slight cut with a new scalpel blade where they did have to come, so they " sank " between the plastic, then ran ' emm through a blob of CA, putted 'emm in place, than after dryingtime for the ca I went along them with a little amount of Tamiya glue, makes the plastic weld around them, they're really seald now

The tail turrets were built as prototypes but were really, really cramped for anyone bigger than a ten year old. Step forward all you suicidal Hitler Youth zealots - not you Ratzinger, you're going to be Pope!

There was also a manned tail turret for the Ju 188, but that was even smaller. One of the Ju 288 prototypes was test flown with a tail turret mock up.

• Like 1

Revell should send you a cheque, as your build has motivated me to buy one (actually another one, as I used to have one that is now gone, lost forever). I want to do it as an A-1 based in the Soviet Union, which will involve a bit of surgery to the fuselage as it was considerably shorter than the A-5/A-6 (it also had a different tail gunner position, but I may just leave that as is - field-modified, maybe?). What I don't understand is why the Germans bothered with the low-drag unmanned front turret, when they needed that great, b****y big observation blister to control it?

Regards,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...