1/48 - AMD-BA/Dornier Alpha Jet 1B/E/A by Kinetic - released - new Art Scale decals

Homebee

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, rotaliscia said:

As far as you (experts) can understand, there are enough decal/stencil for two aircraft?

Thanks.

I'd hope so!

there are 2 kits included after all according to the box top:

hi-PI000000238514%20%20%20.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...

Whilst looking for some decals on Hannants yesterday, I noticed that Italeri are releasing a 1:48 Alpha Jet A/E (Future releases £29.99) and after looking elsewhere for any further detail I found that Wonderland Models have it slated for a September 15th release. I couldn't find any detail of marking options. I assume that this will be a reboxing of the Kinetic kit and I'm hoping that Italeri add one of their large multi option decal sheets to it. Just received my Kinetic one in the post today (hence why I was searching for decals) and I rather wish that I'd discovered this news earlier as maybe I wouldn't have needed a £15 plus decal sheet on top of the kit. Oh well.

3 minutes ago, Filler said:

Whilst looking for some decals on Hannants yesterday, I noticed that Italeri are releasing a 1:48 Alpha Jet A/E (Future releases £29.99) and after looking elsewhere for any further detail I found that Wonderland Models have it slated for a September 15th release. I couldn't find any detail of marking options. I assume that this will be a reboxing of the Kinetic kit and I'm hoping that Italeri add one of their large multi option decal sheets to it. Just received my Kinetic one in the post today (hence why I was searching for decals) and I rather wish that I'd discovered this news earlier as maybe I wouldn't have needed a £15 plus decal sheet on top of the kit. Oh well.

Would be nice - but it could be the old Esci mold as well 💀

1 minute ago, Caerbannog said:

Would be nice - but it could be the old Esci mold as well 💀

True. I just kind of hoped it would follow their recent tradition of adopting Kinetic kits - but they do re-release a good few ESCI kits too. Still can't find any more info - no mention on their own website and it's not in their 2019 catalogue. I wonder if £29.99 is a clue as to whether its Kinetic or ESCI? The recent Mirage release was 30 odd quid and that was the ancient ESCI kit.

Fair enough and sorry I didn’t check the dates for the release of the kits I believed Italeri have re-boxed from Kinetic moulds. I for some reason thought they were relatively recent.

So as there is no tradition of Italeri reboxing Kinetic kits and it hasn’t been done at all for a long time, are we to assume that this is either going to be the Esci kit (last issued 16 years ago by Heller) or a super secret new mould from Italeri?

15 hours ago, Jon Bryon said:

You never stop learning 😊

Back to topic: if Italeri in fact re-boxes the Kinetic Alpha Jet, together with one of their Cartograph 'Super Decals Sheet(s)' it'll could end up accompanying my Wingman boxing. 

• 9 months later...