1/48 - AMD-BA/Dornier Alpha Jet 1B/E/A by Kinetic - released - new Art Scale decals

Homebee

• 4 weeks later...

Luftwaffe Alphas had STENCEL seats. I don't know if these seats will be provided.

Yup, have to wait and see but probably not. Wonder if they'll have included MB Mk10 seats for the QinetiQ one?

Andy

Wonder if they'll have included MB Mk10 seats for the QinetiQ one?

Sure. Look at the testbuild. In fact there's a little problem with it: the French decals represent an aircraft in which Mk10s have never been installed. Only French guys will notice... they already have of course.

Edited by Laurent

Right enough, I assumed they would come with Mk 4 for the French aircraft, looks like they will only have Mk 10. An opening for the aftermarket boys for a Stencil seat (could use Pavla one at a stretch) and a suitable MB Mk4

Typical! French AF, QinetiQ and DADS Canada markings but no Luftwaffe!!! Thank god for HaHen.

Andy

Also Caracal Decals are producing a decal sheet with Luftwaffe aircraft on.

CD 48044: AMD/BA Alpha Jet - Part 1

First of a two-sheet series which will cover all Alpha Jet users; this sheet features markings for France (7 options), Belgium (2 options), Cameroon, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Nigeria and Togo. Designed for the new Kinetic 1/48 Alpha Jet kit.

These are the French Air Force options on CD48044:

-Alpha Jet E15 ("314-TT")

-Alpha Jet E150 ("8-NF")

-Alpha Jet E101 ("314-TT") (This one carries the name "Le Grand Pierre on starboard nose)

-Alpha Jet E153 ("705-RU"), AJetS

-Alpha Jet E14 ("102-FG")

-Alpha Jet E140 ("2-FA")

-Alpha Jet E97 ("102-MB")

cd48044p1.jpg

cd48044_blk.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 4 weeks later...

I really would like to buy this kit, BUT ...

Which UK retailers stock it? I can't find it in my usual suppliers (Hannants and ModelsForSale).

Has it been released in UK yet?

I really would like to buy this kit, BUT ...

Which UK retailers stock it? I can't find it in my usual suppliers (Hannants and ModelsForSale).

Has it been released in UK yet?

It used to be listed on Hannants - I had it on my watching list. Now it's no longer listed - apart from on my watching list where it just says: "Not Available i...". I'm intrigued as to what came after the "...".

Andrew

The Patrouillle de France Alpha Jet decals are now available and shipping; in both 1/48 and 1/72 scale. I have spent a lot of time and effort to ensure an accurate and comprehensive set (with all special tail markings worn by the team since 1993), and I am very happy with how it turned out.

CD48043 - 1/48 Patrouille de France Alpha Jet

CD72014 - 1/72 Patrouille de France Alpha Jet

paf1.jpg

paf2.jpg

paf3.jpg

paf6.jpg

Edited by CaracalModels

• 3 weeks later...