RAF E4B...it begins....

Kev1n

With the country facing aggression by hostile powers on several fronts, the government reversed spending cuts on the armed forces and realising greater airborne early warning capabilities were urgently needed, the RAF quickly acquired a number of Boeing 747 airliners and converted them into early warning platforms.....

more later....

Edited by kev1n

oh....and I'm using the 1/200 scale hasagawa kit for this; comes with lots of little things sticking out :)

thats hasagawa's USAF version btw so might need a bit of hacking and sawing. maybe

ok...I;ve started it.....I've opend the box :)

Has1-200_wif_RAFAirborneCommand_1_box1.jpg

Has1-200_wif_RAFAirborneCommand_2.jpg

now....to open the packaging.....

fortunately hasagwa airliner kits usually fit reasonably well so there wont be too much filling and sanding to do....

hopefully....

and I'm thinking atm the radar doodahs will be in the upper deck and not a big saucer shaped thingy stuck on top.

unless I can find something suitable....

and I'm thinking atm the radar doodahs will be in the upper deck and not a big saucer shaped thingy stuck on top.

unless I can find something suitable....

Nice idea and I'll watch with interest. Instead of a rotating coffee table wotabout an IAI Phalcon type arrangement?

Good luck

Trevor

oh that.

probably not, tho I could change my mind depending on how quick I want to finsih it.....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You could always improve on the theme and give it stealth capabilities as well Kevin.

Nobody would ever know it was in the area if you stick a big red bandana on its nose. :tease:

Edited by stringbag