"Man Cave" WIP...... FINISHED:-)))

RNoAF Aerobatic Team

Well, here goes!

Its about time I got started in refurbishing the "Man Cave/Hobby room".

The floor has sagged up to 2,8cm some places so the floor has to come up and new beams has to be put down.

But first of all the linolium floor has to come off... And that is REALLY glued down....

Here are some pics of the room. It is about 4 x 2,5/3 meters.

This is taken from the door.

DSC_0144_zpsd3bc0740.jpg

This was taken towards the door and to the hallway.

DSC_0145_zps4ff58dbb.jpg

Edited by RNoAF Aerobatic Team
  • Like 1

Great looking cave you have, if I may, try and resist putting carpet on the floor go for a vinyl covering. I have a tiled floor but then our climate dictates that.You'll be abale to locate all those parts which inadvertantly end up there.

Enjoy it once it's finished.

Colin on the Africa Staion

Great looking cave you have, if I may, try and resist putting carpet on the floor go for a vinyl covering. I have a tiled floor but then our climate dictates that.You'll be abale to locate all those parts which inadvertantly end up there.

Enjoy it once it's finished.

Colin on the Africa Staion

Colin.

Carpets is a UK thing:-)

Here it is laminates and wooden floors:-) Easier to find those missing parts:-)

DSC_0161_zpsb3a833bf.jpg

Floor is coming out, and I am finding many thins that is wrong... first I found an H-beam.... Where there are wooden beams going into. thats ok, IF the wooden beams were the right height on each side of the H-beam. Biggest difference was 1.2cm in height. No wonder the floor was all wrong. Also made a huge rift in the ventilation duct, but there is som much you can fix with tape:-)

Latest update is that the new beams are in place and leveled out. Also the floorboards are in place. Next step is to clean the room out before painting.

Hopefully painting will start tomorrow. After that the plan is to put down laminate flooring sometime next week....

Things went fast yesterday.

Room has been cleaned out and also got its first layer of paint. Looks good for now. Next layer of paint should go on later today. But my eldest daughter now has chicken-pox. Which means no sleep for mom and dad....

Pic...

DSC_0235_zps7800c298.jpg

Edited by RNoAF Aerobatic Team
  • Like 1

No sleep, that means you can spend more time on your man cave! You're certainly making progress pity about the setbacks with the floor joist/beams but you did uncover the problem with the duct.

Colin on the Africa Station

• 3 years later...