Porsche 911 and Honda fireblade

palacefan

Does anyone know of any kits for either an early Honda Fireblade or a 1988 shape Porsche 911 Carrera?

I know that Fujimi made the porsche but is the kit common second hand or can I get it new. Also did they produce it with the whale tail?

It seems odd that two iconic vehicles are not more commonly available.

Fujimi do the 88 impact bumper Carrera, both as a narrow body & a Turbo. Tamiya do a Turbo. Both the Turbo's have the whaletail, the Fujimi narrow bodies have no rear spoiler. They also do Targa verions (I think) of both, but I'm not sure about the Turbo. The Fujimi Turbo's are fairly common on e-bay, the narrow body cars turn up less frequently. Some of the Fujimi Porsche range appear to be still available new in the far east, so it may be worth having a look on Hobby Search Japan or HLJ or similar.

Keef

Edited by keefr22

Ah Fujimi. I don't know if they had a screaming license deal with Porsche or if one of the higher ups was in love with them but they did tons of different versions. I seam to recall them being rather stingy with the variations you could build out of one box, probably to sell more units. At any rate at least a few versions were also boxed by Testors which should expand your search.

Thanks for taking the time to answer fellas. I think that I will have a look for a narrow Carrera and a turbo at Telford and swap and change to get my mates car.

If tamiya are reading pleeeaaassse make the full range of fireblades, including the baby blades