Welcome and GB rules

Rules:

1. The group build start at 00:01 on 6th October 2012 and continue til 23:59 30 Dec 2012

2. Any subject is permitted so long as it didn't exist in the form you model it.

3. Entries should have a back story. This may be a couple of sentences or several paragraphs to cover the reasoning behind why this model could have existed.

4. All entries must have a WIP thread where the major stages of construction covered.

5. Builds that are already started must not be more than 25% completed.

6. Due to the high number of participants in What-if GB 1 there will be two categories for this edition; Alternate markings or Kitbash.

The first category is for simple changes to markings and colour schemes that require no or only very limited structural changes to the kit. The second covers more involved work to the parts of model kits that change their appearance.

7. In the case of any dispute GB Moderator Decision will be final!

8. Have fun, encourage each other and enjoy!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rule 6? (hearing Monty Python's Bruces in my head...) so far I cannot discern two categories, not that it matters to me.

Tempted to enroll, but wondering if I can honestly make it happen...

bob

p.s. Come to think of it, the model that's been most occupying my attention lately also qualifies!

Rule 6? (hearing Monty Python's Bruces in my head...) so far I cannot discern two categories, not that it matters to me.

Tempted to enroll, but wondering if I can honestly make it happen...

bob

p.s. Come to think of it, the model that's been most occupying my attention lately also qualifies!

The two categories were an idea to help split the large numbers of entrants if there was a similar uptake as we had during the first What-if GB. The first category would suit projects such as an English Electric Lightning in Thunderbirds display team scheme or a Sea Hawk in USN markings. Equally a conversion from Spitfire IX to Seafire IV with only a few external additions still comes under this heading. Now a Lancaster flying boat or a twin fuselage mixed-power plant Mosquito is a more serious bit of modification so falls into the second category. Don't know if that helps clarify the two?

Hope you are able to join in the fun with something soon. Out of interest what are you working on at the moment?

Thanks, Col. I understood the distinction, but I didn't see where the separation was to take place. There will, therefore, be a vote for faves at the end, but I don't yet see this aspect spelled out (I'm new at the Britmodeller Group builds). Fabulous cash prizes? Custom made avatars to be used for proper bragging? Ooh, there should be campaign ribbons for GB participants!

Rather than further distract from the proper use of this thread, I'll post on the Chat thread vis a vis my own intentions.

Thanks,

bob

It's mainly for the bragging rights Bob ;)

There will be a poll to vote for favourite finished models at the end but unless some generous benifactor comes along there are no plans for prizes at the moment. Now campaigning ribbons on the other hand is a cracking idea! Oh Mike...

Prizes.....? Mind if I contribute??

Winner of heavy mods gets first choice of ONE, winner of light mods gets choice of ONE of what's left...

Many thanks for this, very kind of you to offer these up.