Group Build Chat

Hi Col.,

I named it the Heinkel He 577. It's a combination of a 1/48 horten wing and the 1/72 heinkel he 177 fuselage. Ik wil have 2 turrets on top and a lot of (guided) bombs.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Well gang here we are 1 month into the GB. Already there are three fantastic models finished and on display in the gallery thread with several more close to completion while the back stories make for some fascinating reading. Seems you lot have modelling skills matched only by your imagination! Anyone planning a second project soon?

We also seem to have a nice link forming within several seperate threads that ensure if World War II had continued into 1946 things would have been 'interesting' to say the least. Keep up the great work gang ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Arnold, love it, recognise most of the bit used, would love to see the completed pics.

This is my first showing ever with this build so am a bit nervious as to how it will turn out. Up to now all my projects have remained hidden on for family viewing....well the project my wife knows about!!!!

So once the beast is finish I will have come out of the closet (so to speak), well large room judging from the number of models I have, with my first public showing.

So love this concept and to those who run this site well done, it is AWESOME!!!! :goodjob::thumbsup::worthy:

I'm in with a Luftwaffe Spitfire XIVc, in a mix of WW2 and Post-war markings. Basic idea is the Allies reactivate the Luftwaffe with surplus RAF stocks as well as Lend-Lease aircraft slated to be destroyed after the Soviets attack in early 1946 (the historical change starts with Patton surviving his accident and ending up court martialed over his public comments in favour of war with the Soviets shortly after returning to the US in Decmber 1945. The prosecution convinces Stalin that the Allies are unwilling to fight, with disastrous consequences).

Sorry guys,

Still no update for my SHAR 3 project. I am still very busy with my other project.

Here is a picture of the current project.

IMG_3532.jpg

Cheers,

Hi guys here is a piture from my model (It was "borrowed" from Aircav) at Telford. It got a commended.

Picture182.jpg

Cheers,

Hello all...wondering if it's too late to join in with this? I've been having ideas lately, and with a bit less business workload coming up I'll have time to do something- hopefully before the deadline.

Any objections if I start a thread?

Cheers,

Dean

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't forgotten, I've just been rather busy... I do still want to take part (and hopefully somewhat redeem myself for failing to complete my entries in the KUTA and F-14 Tomcat GBs a year ago). I've got the Valkyrie B. Mk.1 and CF-15 kits all lined up to go...and I also have a Hasegawa F6F-5N Hellcat night fighter kit that's now superfluous due to the Dragon kit, so I'm contemplating swiping the radar pod and finishing the new Airfix P-51D as a P-51E Nightmare...

Edited by Sabre_days

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Counting down the hours now gang! The Gallery section closes automaticaly at 23:59 this evening so please be sure to have your photos up if you wish to be included in the poll ;)