Group Build Chat

Right gang, we've talked about this one for a while and now it's almost time for action, if any of you want to look through the previous discussion thread there's plenty inspiring ideas here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62161 and there's also What If-GB 1 here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showforum=294

Soooo, who's doing what? I'm still thinking of three different options, two involving either a Hunter or Harrier that require plenty scratchbuilding/kitbashing and one using a Spitfire with a minimum of modification, so need to crack on getting the bench cleared and everything gathered together.

I've got a plan for a Canberra with a difference, maybe the Avon engine was a failure or delayed and an alternative power-plant had to be found. I'm still mulling it over but the idea's coming along.

Andrew

My focus is current rotary wing developments, I'll be combing a Hind C with a Pucara and Kamov Ka52. This should yeild a tail rotor less Hind with improved speed, range and payload.

Will see if I can at least start my gnat-Tess twin-engined super-sonic. Not meant to be modelling until spare room is painted (planned for next weekend) but hope to make a start as cutting and building can be done downstairs. Also will have a 2 week break in November for a minor open on my hand (no work yeahhhhh, no modelling booooooo) and then its painting embargo over Christmas... so this may be built now painted in the new year (which is why I don't know if I will start)....

At some point I will be carrying on my Star Wars / WWII theme with one of these, some yellow paint and some Alclad Polished Aluminium.

IMG_0406.jpg

Won't be the 6th when I start, need to get some F1 figures out the way first.

am I in this?

why did I get a message saying the gb is starting?....I must be in this....I'll go check....

oh yeah....so I am......:)

I had thought of doing a modernized IAF EE Lightning with F-16 radar and IAF external stores, but I purchased a home in August (with workroom and workbench!) and am still renovating so that I can move in before the month ends. Alas!

tm1103895c.jpg

I tried to make the picture bigger but, unfortunately I couldn't!! However, it's clear enough! Found on a fake aircraft site I use for inspiration. The Victor B/K4!

I do not however like the single fin/twin cockpit idea. I really don't see the need for 2 cockpits! Mine will have twin tails with a single plane linking the port & starboard fins. Raised cockpit (instead of flush) on port side only.

Using the Revell/Matchbox Victor K2. This thing will be BIG!!

Sigh!

8 Rolls Royce Conways in close formation!! Now, that would be a sight (and sound!!) to behold!

While the Victor kit itself is pretty decent, it's a real putty queen so, I'll be doing just a little bit at a time! I really, really HATE all that b!$@*! sanding!!

:banghead:

I have a bottle of whisky on standby!!

Allan

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

Allan

That sounds a challenge, looking forward to seeing it develop.

Dan

Lol!

I'll be looking forward to see it finished I think!! :lol:

I don't mind a challenge & the Victor is, in my view well worth the effort but, 2 of them at the same time????? :lol: . I must be daft!! However, the parts count is quite modest so, basic assembly won't take long

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

Well, going through my planned whiffs to see what I can do for this one and came up with 21 ideas that I have planned for sometime or another.

So, gotta trim this down, let's see.

10 of them are just different markings. Should be able to do at least one of those.

3 require a little modification along with different markings, possible.

2 are basically scratch builds that I don't have the base stuff for so put them on hold

Which leaves 6 that require a bit more modification to get to completion (one an armored vehicle and one a LSR). A 3 month build might actually get me the time to finish one of these.

So many choices, so little time.

Good Jon basic assy won't be long, give you time to finish all the filling :)

Dan

Lol!!

At least I got a bit of a head start. One of the Victor kits I bought second hand was already part assembled ( wings, tail & fuselage). So, I can get part of the sanding/filing/filling) out of the way :weep:

Allan

I picked up a USMC F-14 patch at PIMA last month so will be doing a Marines Tomcat. I also want to do a 92sqn F-106 if I get the time!

I've had a trawl through my stash list and I think I am going to have a go at the following...

I will be doing a 1/144 Revell A319 as the RAF's replacement for XV208 'Snoopy' Hercules W.2 She will need a roof-mounted torpedo and a bloody great nose extension and some external pod 'trickery' but I think it's do-able. I'll have a look in the spares box tonight.

I certainly will never be building the thing as an airliner - so win-win for me!

Oh. Oh dear.

I was worried about how detailed I should get with a back story but after reading the posts John has....er....posted in his thread so far I see that the rough outline I have begun working on may prove to be insufficient.

I am also amused by the inclusion of a reference thread, I may have to make use of that.

Quick tease so this is not completely adversarial in nature (all in good fun, no worries).

Gentleman and ladies, as you may be aware there has yet to be a kit, decent or otherwise, of the North American A-27A Broadsword. The A model (single man version, bit crap) was developed along side the B-25G by NAA in response to the disaster that was Operation Sledgehammer. Without an effective second front in France, due to the failure of Sledgehammer or North Africa, due to Operation Torch being shelved it was determined that *REDACTED*