Mach 2 lift off series 1/48 satellite launchers/icbm,s

Hi,showing you these,before i move them to the spare room,nice subjects,but the kits were very ill fitting and thin,would have been better in resin,with hindsight i would have done them differently ie strengthening seams etc,another fault was the decals,with being so old,some just disintergrated in the water,slightly better with overcoats of decalfix,but not much,so ended up using black tape,so i will be able to redo them when i get the gear for printing my decals.anyway here they are,i like them......

020-10.jpg

018-12.jpg

019-8.jpg

022-11.jpg

021-9.jpg

024-8.jpg

023-8.jpg

025-2.jpg

026-2.jpg

027-4.jpg

028-3.jpg

029-6.jpg

cheers Don

I am very ,very impressed ! well done ! Mach kits are not for the faint hearted, i have the Vostok kit and have been sanding it for what seems like years ,i sand some seams then put it back in the box get it out sand put it back etc etc have you built one of those ?

I am very ,very impressed ! well done ! Mach kits are not for the faint hearted, i have the Vostok kit and have been sanding it for what seems like years ,i sand some seams then put it back in the box get it out sand put it back etc etc have you built one of those ?

Hi norman,i havnt got the vostock ones,have got mach 2 ariane 5 though,ive only done the airfix vostocks,which every one does and have 2 pretty simple kits which i have not started yet see photos ,cheers Don

mach 2 kit

018-34.jpg

015-18.jpg

016-13.jpg

airfix vostock,s

033-13.jpg

032-14.jpg

cheers Don

Hi Don

is the display of 3 Vostoks made from the Airfix kits ? i really like the way you have done that , space modelling is so good ! you have inspired me to re start my Mach Vostok !!

Cheers mate

hi norm,yes its three airfix kits,though you do get all three payloads with each kit,so if you get three you will have a few spare,and you get a cosmonaut for scale,nice little kits...Don