1-48 scale Ju. 88

nodrog2

In fact, they overlap more than that, and all are Dragon kits. From memory:

Ju 88A-4 - Revell and Dragon boxings

Ju 88A-5 - Dragon only

Ju 88A-6 - Dragon only

Ju 88C-6 - Revell and Dragon (can't quite recall which are the day fighters and which the night)

Ju 88G - Dragon only (Revell may have boxed this too, but I can't recall seeing one)

Ju 88P - Dragon only

Ju 188A and E - Dragon only (included because, like the real thing, these are basically Ju 88s with new bits)

Only one or two are ever in production at a time (the most recent was the A-5 or the A-6, I think) but the rest pop up fairly regularly on eBay. Prices are highly variable, even allowing for people getting the eBay red mist; the 188 series are usually much more expensive. There have also been conversions for variants like the Ju 88D.

Consensus is that they're pretty good (hope so, as I have two!) but, because of the modular construction, you need to watch for the places where the variations meet up.

The Dragon kit also had a A-4 Promodeller boxing,

There have also been 2 other 1/48th Ju-88 kits.

AMT did one in the mid 70's that's as good as any of their other 1/48 kits, which is not very!

And in the 90's Hobbycraft did a family of Ju-88's, which are not fondly regarded, though they did do a Ju-88S.

info on these is here -

http://modelingmadness.com/splfeat/kr/hobbycraftgerbomb.htm

Some googling will get you review and more info on these, I mention them as you might run across them.

HTH

T

Many thanks guys, it looks like it would pay me to give e-bay a look, it seems a shame that such an iconic aircraft as this is so hard to come by, I have it in 1-72 scale but I am mainly into

1-48, so will keep searching.

Once again thanks for your valued help.

Gordon

To expand a little, Dragon produce several variants of the Ju-88G.

There is a G6, combined G1 & G10 boxing as well as the Mistel 2/S2 which has the G1 lower component.

The C6 was produced as a Zerstorer (Dragon) and Nightfighter (Dragon and Revell).

Though streets ahead of any other Ju-88s in 1/48, these can be quite a tricky build and lack accuracy in the cockpit layout. If you are looking at the A4 variant, buy Revell's recent 1/72 release as a pattern to work out the cockpit layout. It's very difficult to interpret the shapes and complex layout of floor sections from images alone, an accurate 3D representation (even a small one) is very helpful in interpreting what's going on.

Worth making the effort though as the results can be very impressive,

Cheers,

Bill.

Are you looking for a particular version?

Nick

No Nick as long as its a Ju 88 I`m not worried, I have built Revells Me 110 and I have a Dornier 17E-4 to do, so wanted to add a Ju 88 to these as well, I am pleased

with all the advice thats been given, I did not want to end up with a kit thats going to give me loads of problems in the build, but if its a case of it testing my skills in order to

have this model then bring it on.

Regards Gordon

Many thanks guys, it looks like it would pay me to give e-bay a look, it seems a shame that such an iconic aircraft as this is so hard to come by, I have it in 1-72 scale but I am mainly into

1-48, so will keep searching.

Once again thanks for your valued help.

Gordon

Check out this link:

http://www.thefind.com/search?query=dragon+1%2F48+ju+88

Ju 88 kits are available.

You also have the choice of Cyberhobby that are issuing the Dragon Ju88A-4 and Ju88G-6 in 1/48. I currenlty have the A-4 in progress and the G-6 waiting to start. For a build review go to the link below:

http://www.aussiemod....php?f=8&t=4660

Cheers Dave for your in-put, the build thread has given me a taste of what to look out for when I finally purchase the Ju 88

Cheers Gordon

Here you go:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Model-Kits-/1188/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=junkers+ju+88&_dmpt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&Scale=1%253A48&rt=nc

I like the looks of the Revell C-6 nightfighter.

I saw a Dragon G-6 built up and on display at a show a few years back.

It looked most impressive sitting on a scale dispersal pan with the entrance hatch underneath

swung open and the crew ladder posed with it..

• 2 years later...

can anyone tell if the Revell 1/48 ju 88 A-4 is a Dragon tooling or not?

Yes it is.Revell has along with that A-4 a C-6 night fighter and both are Dragon tooling.

BTW unlike it was mentioned in the third post Dragon does not have a A-5 version.You need a MDC resin conversion to make that.

Edited by Mustango70