Eduard 1/48 Spitfire IX later this year! Feel the joy!

Jon Kunac-Tabinor

Now there are going to be some who'll say "Not another Spitfire... ...yawn! What we really need is a kit of the Scruggs Wonderplane in all major scales"!

There'll be others, myself included praying that at last we'll have an accurate AND relatively easy to build Spitfire IX at long bloody last!

Let's hope we're not disappointed.

Wez

what excites me is that Eduard have form in releasing other versions too ( look at the 190s , the 109s and the Mig 21s) . So MK VIII, VII, Mk XI could be on the books too.

This a new tool by all accounts ( OK what jamie has said), so lets hope they pull out all the stops.

Jonners

WooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :yahoo:

But what do I do with all those Hasegawa kits in The Stash? Looks like they'll all be converted to Griffon engined aircraft. Unless Eduard does the honours there as well.

Life is good! :D

WooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :yahoo:

But what do I do with all those Hasegawa kits in The Stash? Looks like they'll all be converted to Griffon engined aircraft. Unless Eduard does the honours there as well.

Life is good! :D

For "Hasegawa" read "ICM" and you have my reaction.

My WAG will be an initial release with RAF Czech sqn markings, plus immediate post war Czech markings. A brassin engine and wheels too.

Yeah, Ok Im excited

Jonners

I suspect you're not far off, and I for one will not complain.

Oh happy day (subject to seeing the plastic!!!)

For "Hasegawa" read "ICM" and you have my reaction.

Likewise, I've got a slack handful of those that might be needing a new home (subject to how the Eduard kit turns out)

Wez

Likewise, I've got a slack handful of those that might be needing a new home (subject to how the Eduard kit turns out)

No need to get rid of them.

Wings and tail grafted onto an Airfix Seafire 47 fuselage, with a bit of plastic card and filler gives you a decent FR.XIV or XVIII. Just the engine from the Seafire - and a bit of messing about - will give you a XIV or XIX. That's what I'll be doing with my Hasegawa kits.

No need to get rid of [your ICM Spitfires]

Don't intend to - they will be built as intended, after all one can never have too many Spitfires.

Any chance of a link to Jamie's report? Just had a look on HS and couldn't find it ... TIA

Don't intend to - they will be built as intended, after all one can never have too many Spitfires.

Any chance of a link to Jamie's report? Just had a look on HS and couldn't find it ... TIA

here you go

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1349020775/Fantastic+news+from+E-day+and+Eduard.++New+tool+Spitfire+IX+in+1-48%21

Jonners

Hmph. I'd rather they had done a Spit XIV.

While I can't disagree with the desire for a decent XIV, there really is a need for a top-quality IX on the market, all of the current options have issues (even the ICM). The ICM kit is better in its low-back XVI form than its highback form which is notably skinny in the spine

I

Let us pray this prompts Tamiya to shrink their CAD files down to 1/48 :)

Given the relative quality of Eduard vs Tamiya kits, I'd probably still buy the Eduard unless they screw something up significantly. Unlike Tamiya, Eduard knows how to make good decal sheets, the plastic is usually comparable and you get your choice of cheap or full of extra bits instead of just expensive and still needs aftermarket decals.

Well, a decent Czech option Spit IX out of the box for me as a good thing as it means I can do a decent IAF Spit IX from it (and I have plenty of decals stashed away to do one or two of those birds). The 1/144 Spits also are pretty cool as well as I've fancied wanting to do some tiny Spits as well. Considering the only other Spits out there have been the short nosed Crown and Revell based offerings, a new tool IX in that size is a very good thing.

Let's hope there will be a choice of wing configurations...

Nicolai

It's been muted for a couple of years, they gathered all the info for a 1/32 version then Tamiya beat them to the post, We do need a decent IX in 1/48, when compared to the Eduard Fw190's and Bf109's the current crop do look a bit weak.

• Like 1

It's been muted for a couple of years, they gathered all the info for a 1/32 version then Tamiya beat them to the post, We do need a decent IX in 1/48, when compared to the Eduard Fw190's and Bf109's the current crop do look a bit weak.

Let's just hope it is more like the Bf109 than the FW190 in the easy-to-build stakes.

Well, it is a rumour with a name and place, Hyperscale and Mr Haggo, whose output is often seen in SAM. I heard the rumour a couple of years ago, that Eduard was in fact preparing a series of Spitfires. Maybe also a Mk XIV. The market is theirs if they put such a thing out.

NPL

• Like 1

Well, let's hope it's true. I myself have numerous ICM, Hasegawa, Airfix and even a couple of Occidentals in my long quest for a good quarter scale IX. I was thinking of cross kitting a couple of them. Something along the lines of an Airfix or Otaki fuselage mated with the Hasegawa wing.

A Mk.XIV sounds nice, as well, though. :wub:

• Like 1