Hi all

this matter has come to a close the end result was my money was refunded but now I'm left with a set of useless decals that are no good for anything, not the best of results but hey ho I would rather of had a replacement set of decals than a refund but we move on.

Clive

Edited by SHAR67

Hello Bud, I have sent them emails after emails about having a set of there decals blown up and they state they will do and I've never had a reply from them!

Ps how was your hols? And I take it you didn't leave your phone behind this time lol

Edited by cuprar

i had the same issue with the same decals you got, i did not contct them for a replacment as it was maney years ago, they could be reprinting the decals

i am still waiting for some of my b787 declas that i orderd a mounths ago they are being re-printed and would be ready for early sep, but stilll waiting for them

they do replay to the emals but take a long time to replay

''Bear in mind that Philippe does F-Dcal as a side business. He has a regular job that keeps him quite busy.''

I'm not to know that as this is the first time I have dealt with him and being new to the airliner world of modelling hasn't got me off to a great start, he got recommended to me by a friend so I guess we'll see if I ever do get a replacement set.

Clive

Edited by SHAR67
  • Like 1

I ordered some decals about 3 weeks ago from Phillipe, how long does it usually take to get them ?

Hi all

I'm not really happy with the way this was resolved as all along the guy had no intentions of sending a replacement set of decals to me, it was only because I posted on here that I got some action which was to be the final straw in the matter, i ended up with a full refund and no replacement decals. His final words were that he made his own mind up on the matter and stated that I would be unhappy with the outcome of him sending another set of decals to me along with a full refund, If you ask me that's very poor customer service on his behalf. So all I'm now left with is a model with no decals and a set of naff decals that break up on contact with water I'm just sorry that I wasted my time in the first place after all if the shoe was on the other foot I would of protected my good nature and dealt with it in a more professional manner.

Edited by SHAR67

• 2 weeks later...

'Bear in mind that Philippe does F-Dcal as a side business. He has a regular job that keeps him quite busy.''

I'm not to know that ......

If you're new to airliner modelling you might like to reflect on the fact that a great deal of what is available comes from people in the same position as Phillipe and without them airliner modellers would have a pretty thin time. There are obvious exceptions (Revell, Airfix, Minicraft, Welsh Models etc) but most decals, accessory parts and limited run kits are produced by people working in their spare time. To give just a couple of examples one well-known manufacturer is a schoolteacher and another is an airline pilot. I don't defend poor customer service but it is unreasonable to expect the same instantaneous response that you'd receive from a big corporation. It's also worth remembering that many of the people involved are French, German and Italian and don't have English as their first language. What can occasionally seem a little abrupt in English is almost certainly not intended that way.

I've dealt with F-DCAL since they came into existence and I've always had good service. The odd hiccup with a misprinted decal or the like has been sorted out amicably and I've never had any cause for concern.

I don't have any connection with f-dcal other than as a very occasional customer but I thought I'd add my positive experience to this thread.

I ordered a set of decals for a BA oneworld 747-400 from f-dcal on 4th October. On 8th Oct I received an email telling me that my order was being processed and they arrived this morning, so the delivery time was just 2 weeks. They are in perfect register and I am very pleased with them. I haven't used them yet so I can't say if they work properly but I have used their decals before without any mishaps.

Thanks Chris

I never wanted any fuss, I had no problem with the service I got when I ordered the decals it was afterwards when I got in contact with him and he promised a new set of decals to be posted the next day. Well they never arrived and so after two weeks of waiting I emailed him then I went on holiday and emailed him again before I left. After being away for a week I got home to find no replies to my emails and still no replacement set of decals, I then emailed him again and posted on here to see if anyone else had experianced the same thing to which it promted him into action, he then emailed me stating that I had given him a bad reputation by showing the emails he sent me on this forum. I was concerned for at that point I was in the dark as he hadn't been in touch so how was I to know where at this point it was all going to end. He eventually replied again stating that a full refund and a replacement decal set was in the post and would be with me by the end of the week. Well that never quite happened I got my refund but he then sent another email stating that no matter what he did I would not be happy with his decision and so he signed off, and that was that. Now I'm only speaking from MY personal experience and if I choose to share it with an audiance then thats my choice, but I'm not in any way nor have I bad mouthed him or his company, all I've said is that he has in MY CASE not been too good on the customer service front he made empty promises and in my opinion he never was going to send out a replacement set of decals, now you make your own minds up and remember I was a FIRST TIME CUSTOMER I had never used him before and had not even heard of him up until he got recomended to me and now I will never use him again.

I am only speaking for myself and my unfortunate experience with this man its a shame he took things the wrong way and I regret dealing with him.

Edited by SHAR67