Intruders and Prowlers and Growlers 17 Nov. An update at last!

4 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Eric, if there are better A6, Prowler or Growler models out there, I will be amazed.  Your work with a dodgy eye is better than I can manage with two decent ones.  Great stuff.

Thank you so much!  I have to say though that my work is just smoke and mirrors compared to some of the masterpieces seen created here. 

The next hurdle will be the attempt to get my airman's medical back once this eye settles down, I'm sure you understand well my anxiety.

• Like 2

Hi Eric,

I was wondering when will I receive next notification from this thread.

Great stuff with those landing gears. Have you been thinking about installing kind of running sushi conveyer belt for the sake of  mass production?😁

I am glad that you were at least able to source aftermarket wheels after the incident with solvent bottle.

Modeling composite wing is really nice addition to the Intruder fleet.

I wish you speedy recovery.

Cheers!!!

Rade

10 hours ago, parip said:

Hi Eric,

I was wondering when will I receive next notification from this thread.

Great stuff with those landing gears. Have you been thinking about installing kind of running sushi conveyer belt for the sake of  mass production?😁

I am glad that you were at least able to source aftermarket wheels after the incident with solvent bottle.

Modeling composite wing is really nice addition to the Intruder fleet.

I wish you speedy recovery.

Cheers!!!

Rade

Thank you Rade,

One of the considerations for this build is how to produce multiple sets of consistent parts, I do often make up jigs and templates to make the task a it easier and quicker.  I have a whole box full of them by now!

Thank you for the thoughts, my surgeon is pleased and the healing is progressing well!

Eric aka The Yankymodeler

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jrlx said:

Impressive progress, as always! I wish you a full and quick recovery of your eye problem.

Cheers

Jaime

Thank you Jaime, last check up indicated very good progress!

If only I could keep the project moving forward as quickly...

• Like 1

Just caught up with this Eric, stunning work. Re the eye, I had a detached retina in 1988, repaired, and have had a class 1 medical with a SODA for a blind spot in my left eye for at least 15 years. I also had cataract surgery 2 years ago (a common follow on to detached retina) and still retained my class 1.

All the best,

Ian

7 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Just caught up with this Eric, stunning work. Re the eye, I had a detached retina in 1988, repaired, and have had a class 1 medical with a SODA for a blind spot in my left eye for at least 15 years. I also had cataract surgery 2 years ago (a common follow on to detached retina) and still retained my class 1.

All the best,

Ian

Ian,

Thank you for your encouraging words!  I helps immensely to reinforce my surgeons favorable prognosis (he's a pilot also), it's nice to hear of a successful outcome from someone who can empathize with one of an aviator's worst fears.

p.s. and my surgeon did note a growing cataract that he considers no issue at all to rectify when the time comes.

On 11/19/2018 at 5:03 AM, CJP said:

Really enjoying seeing these builds coming together - so much refined detail - any ideas on how they will be displayed - away from admiring hands I hope?

CJP

Thank you!   I have always kept my completed builds in enclosed cases.  This project will be big enough to justify either the construction or purchase of a new large display case.

At least that's the excuse I'll use!

• Like 1