Finished!--- 1/144 737-200 Aerolineas Argentinas

JFCB89

After finishing some currents projects I can finally start with this Group build.

I'll start with the Airfix 737-200 in Aerolineas Argentinas colors.

I just hope to finish this one in a bit, so I can start a second build: Minicraft 727-200 British Airways: Delftblue daybreak.

First the standard photos of the kit and the decals:

6_zpsc5b27715.jpg

5_zps13e10cc4.jpg

Cheers,

Jordy

Edited by JFCB89

Thanks Antony, i'll try my best! ;)

Today i've spend an hour rescribing the fuselage. The Airfix kit has the ugly raised panellines, so i've decided to remove those, en rescribe it.

After that i've put some weight in the nose, filled up the windows and glued the fuse together.

AA1_zpsba4a019a.jpg

AA2_zpsd693f2c2.jpg

Cheers,

Jordy

Edited by JFCB89

Thanks guys!

I think it took me an hour and a half to rescribe the whole fuselage. In my opinion, the easiest way is to rescribe before putting the fuse together so you can apply a bit more pressure.

This was the first time I rescribed a fuselage with succes. I always used several layers of tape to scribe along, but now I figured it would be much easier to just use a very thin piece of polystyrene sheet, which allows you to bend over the fuselage and scribe alongside.

AA3_zps005f0ef5.jpg

Cheers,

Jordy

Had a few days off, so I could work a lot on the 737-200. I thought it would be hard for me to finish one model at the end of the GB, but i'm going to start another one, since I consider this one finished.

Here's some pictures of the work in progress. Not very spectaculair.

AA4.jpg

AA5.jpg

AA6.jpg

AA12.jpg

Rest of the photo's will be in the gallery.

Jordy

Edited by JFCB89

Thanks for the kind comments, guys! ;)

@Stringbag: I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the look of the nose section in the end. I've build one Airfix 737-200 before, and the shape was far off.

Maybe it has to do something with the fact that I rescribed the panellines, I think it adds a little more reality to the model.

@Orjan: I didn't expect to be so quick. I think i'm just lucky to have a lot of free time this month.

Tomorrow I'll start works on an Airbus A320 Swiss and a Minicraft 727-200 ( I know a lot of you hate this kit, but I still have a couple of them in my stash) British Airways ''Delftblue Daybreak''.. Just to add some of my Dutch influence to this GB ;)

Jordy

@ TrojanThunder: Thanks!:D I just had to prove that something reasonable could be made out of that old kit ;) Since my first attempt a couple of years ago wasn't really spectaculair. I've built that one in Delta Airlines (Powerpuff Girls livery)