what about a 1/72 Mirage III?

song

Hi all :

i planning to make a 1/72 Mirage III Family. could you give me some advise?

MirageIII_zps0bdd5671.jpg

Hi all:

i have been finished the Mirgae III family now. give more idea to me. many thanks for you guys opinions.

in my wish, a two seat Mirage III will be nice to al modeler, i have never seem a "Ok" Mirage III B version exist before .

28_.jpg

14_.jpg

2_.jpg

1_.jpg

3_.jpg

15.jpg

=======================================================================================================================================

moro detail of single seat version:

29_.jpg

28_-1.jpg

25_.jpg

16_.jpg

10_.jpg

2_-1.jpg

1_-1.jpg

35_.jpg

38_.jpg

To be continued

Song from China

Edited by song

That's a Mirage F1 - please release this soon.

Please also release a Mirage III/5 series - these have delta wings and look absolutely gorgeous! Please release some of theses soon too!

All scales would be nice but 1/72nd first then 1/48th...

Wez

Well Mikkel

Ahhh AMD Mirage IIIC, E, R, V, 5, 50 Kfir C1, C2, C7 & C10 please notice that I only have memory recollections from wonderful 1/72 scale

Well at the beginning of times there were Lindberg, Airfix (IDFAF) and Matchbox (IDF AF Israeli and South African AF decals) all C (I remember to buy the Matchbox at local drugstore or library for about US$ 1.00 in that time currency exchange) models now you have more options even expensive also AML (2 issues the first one better for the airframe but the later made better kit with underwing options) Hi Planes and PJ all resin kit Here lots of Israeli

For me the best IIIE was the FROG kit still available as Eastern Express kit very nice kit and include French and Australian AF decals

For IIIE/R there come Revel Germany very nice kit and also lots of ordnance the only plastic injected form of SAMP (French free fall bombs please don´t got confused with Free French that was the WWII resistance) and an ATAR 9 jet engine real nice Swiss, French

Also for the III E/R/5 is the Heller kit nice because included clear parts for Recon option that was new at the time (not really sure if it was also the first recon kit with them) good fuel tanks but no ordinance French, Belgian Spain AF decals

For the Kfir only one kit ever kited that is the Hasegawa but look for the Minicraft issue also include no step stencils in english, naturally IDF AF decals no other country be found except in aftermarket sets really nice but Shafirs AIM only good in general shape body way to slim; with this kit as a base you can do any other Kfir also include the ladder (I made a master for resin copies of the C.10 long time ago)

I got some time a go a Hi Tech conversion set that include the cockpit, IIIC/E/5 noses and they fit well in Frog and Revell kits

Now the new Mirage is Hi Planes but in those issues complete details look forward for Freightdogs conversion for the Neshers/Dagger versions

Well at the moment that´s what I remember

Best modeling

Armando

BTW this thread must be in cold war era not modern

Edited by RAGATIGER

There was also a Kfir C7 done by Italeri. High Planes also did earlier releases of the Mirage III family, using their old mold technology. Pretty accurate, but took a bit of work to clean up and fit. PJ Productions did Mirage IIIs in resin. Very nice kits.

If you're looking to do a series of kits, I'd start with the Mirage IIIC/CJ, Mirage 5 and Kfirs to follow, especially including the weapons loading capabilities of the later Kfirs. Please do two-seat versions of the Mirage III and the Kfir. A plastic Kfir TC2 would be lovely.

Steve

Yes Steve

I forgot that Italeri did a couple of issues the F-21 actually a Kfir C1 with short canards and C-2 with normal canards but if you really want a TC2 or trainer Kfir then you need the Eagle Design conversion in 1/72 also did one in 1/48

For the Trainer option also Matchbox modified its mould and at end you can get a very crude IIIB, not remmember who did a vaccum converversion but was part of a serie inwhich you got 3 conversions at once all all twin seaters if memory dont fail at this point the parther were F-106B and A-10 twin seats

PJ also did a trainer IIID in resin kit

BTW a really big shame to Heller who never launch a kit with trainer option included so many other very nice enginering kits done before Mirage F-1B/C, T/F-104G, Draken J-35, Viggen to mention

Best modeling

Armando

Edited by RAGATIGER

Hi Mr Song,

That is a Mirage F1 and you asked about a Mirage III/5. That is NO problem as I would love both families being produced in 1/72nd scale.

Both Mirages have been available in 1/72nd scale for years, and that would be exactly the same if we were talking about the Mirage 2000 family.

A few mainstream companies (including Heller - the French narional company) released some models of all 3 Mirage, ie Mirage III/5, Mirage F1 and Mirage 2000 years ago. All are (out)dated now, with raised panel lines and lack of details.

All Mirage families have been developped in sub versions.

All 3 are attractive looking/multi version/multi user aircraft, thay are not covered by modern up to date kits and I am sure they open to large possibilities of different models boxings.

I know there is a 1/72nd scale injected plastic Mirage III/V family being developped now by Hi Planes/PJ production (IIRC).

What kind of an advice were you expecting?

Cheers.

Eric B.

Hi all :

Please please do!!!! :)

Almost all Mirage III kits extant have a REALLY bad defect: the wings are too short (along the wing root) AML's specially bad :P

The only kit I have that has the wing length almost right is the High Planes (the old one - I have not had occasion to check the new one...)

This covers all 1/72 Mirage III/V and Kfir :( Only ones I've not checked are the resin PJ and the NEW IM High Planes

Hopefully,

Hi all :

A Mirage IIIE or Mirage V series would be the best option, due to their widespread use and the fact that you can largely cater to the differences between the two aircraft by providing the different noses the two aircraft used. Make sure you get the fuselage length up to the differing noses correct for the Mirage IIIE and Mirage V though; in other words, don't confuse it with the shorter Mirage IIIC.

Roy

Dear Sir,

Excuse me Sir but there's something I don't understand.

You propose the development of a 1/72nd Mirage III family illustrated with a Mirage F-1 CAD drawing????

Mirage III and Mirage F-1 are definitely different a/c types.

mirage3e_3v.jpg

mirage_f1_3v.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Mirage F1C/F1CT/CR and F1B!!!

Would be great to have new molds of those guys in the 1/72nd scale!

You're forgetting the F1AZ. It looks really cool with it's radarless nose and pitot bellow the nose.

About the Mirage III/5, I guess that the IIIC would interest the casual modellers the most (because of the Arab-Israeli wars). Personally I don't like this version at all and I wouldn't buy it. I prefer the later versions.

I cannot buy the HPM kits. I cannot relsove myself to pay 40% of the value of an already expensive kit in shipment :(

I think the new High Planes Mirage III/5 is very nice, and their venture should be supported. There are a whole load more versions coming out which simply won't happy if the Mirages/Dagger/Nesher and new Finger boxings don't sell sufficiently. The HPM Mirages are not especally cheap (UK retail £26), but just how cheap do you think a Kittyhawk one will be? HPM are a small business, venturing into long run moulds it far from cheap.

Personally I look forward to a new family of F.1s from Kittyhawk, but I'm am biased as Chris Brown at HPM is a mate.

Colin

Well, the fact you want to do a family of Mirages, any Mirage, in 1/72 scale is great news !

Now if you need advice, maybe you should be a bit more specific on what information you are looking for. I'm sure that there will be many people here happy to help.

In general, I could offer this few bits:

- as others have said, the aircraft in the picture is a Mirage F-1 but you state you are interested in the Mirage III.. 2 very different aircrafts! Which is the one you are interested in at the moment ?

- If you are interested in the Mirage III family, it's important to understand that the III-C and the III-E have different fuselages and that it's very hard to have both from the same common fuselage moulds, better have different fuselages altogether.

- The Mirage V can be done using the same fuselage of the III-E, but the Mirage V have different noses and fins depending on the user... not that the III-E differs from this point of view, in general the export variants of the Mirages need some more research to get right.

- The best references on the type are in French language. I'd suggest getting the help of someone who speaks french and go through these. There was a thread recently on this forum about books on the Mirage III.

Now if you want to do a Mirage F-1, again it's important to consider that the various variants might differ more than expected. For example the F-1C-200 variant is slightly longer than the standard F-1C. Again, the best references are in French (not surprisingly).

Whatever you are planning to make, these would be welcome additions as most mould of these aircrafts are quite old.

Not confidence inspiring when you have a picture of F.1 and call it a III..... hopefully just a typo (but uncorrected so far.....)

I assume you want to do a Mirage of some sort.....

The market for the Mirage III is pretty well covered by the HPM/PJ current and proposed series in 1/72 and the Eduard (and the HobbyBoss rip off of it) in 1/48 so I suggest the F.1 is a good idea.

F.1 ... that's the one in the CAD drawing....... not the one in the text.

Edited by Ed Russell

. Again, the best references are in French (not surprisingly).

Best books in French langage about the Mirage F-1 (Vol.1/.2) are those from Lela Presse

Vol.1: http://www.master194...e-f1/index1.htm

Vol.2: http://www.master194...e-f1/index2.htm

mirage_f1_vol1.jpgmirage_f1_vol2.jpg

Best books in French langage about the Mirage III (Vol.1/.2/.3) are those from DTU

Vol.1 : http://www.aerostori...o/article9.html

Vol.2 : http://www.aerostori...article418.html

Vol.3 : http://www.aerostori...rticle1930.html

dtu1.jpgdtu2.jpgdtu3.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee