Here`s my latest two completions; 1st my AMT/ERTL, 1/48 scale A-20G Boston
bBXDc7r.jpg
Done as Hilda-Shane, of 22sqn, RAAF, New Guinea
neaIDKg.jpg
From the box but replaced gun barrels with brass tube
hnV6KT8.jpg
and decals from AVI-Print
wYy8emB.jpg
Please ignore references to the Spitfire as I`ve replaced PB Photo`s with ones on Imgur
zW9Nuq2.jpg
and my old effort is soon to be replaced with a Special Hobby `proper` Vc
0RUxPoO.jpg
and the old one no longer exists
Hope you enjoy...

Cheers Russ

PS: Sydhuey later PM`d me and retracted his opinion that the markings are incorrect, turns out they`re correct after all 

• Like 4

Look great Russ, but the markings on the A-20 are wrong in the kit A28-60 "Hilda Shane " is actualy DU-D, DU-P was A28-68, this has been an unfortunate mistake around for a few years, MPM got there markings on there 1/72 A-20 wrong as well, NOVASCALE has the correct DU-D,

"Hilda Shane" A28-60 DU-D was the only A-20G in 22 Sqn to have personal markings as it was the aircraft of the CO Sqn Ldr (Later W.C.) Colin Woodman, he flew it on 20 of its 22 missions before it was destroyed in the Japanese night raid on Morotai on 22/23 nov 44, also the bomb log should be in green not white. green was a 50/50 mix of white and dark green.

other than the "P" instead of "D" and bomb log this is the best presented RAAF A-20G i've seen.

Edited by Sydhuey

Look great Russ, but the markings on the A-20 are wrong in the kit A28-60 "Hilda Shane " is actualy DU-D, DU-P was A28-68, this has been an unfortunate mistake around for a few years, MPM got there markings on there 1/72 A-20 wrong as well, NOVASCALE has the correct DU-D,

"Hilda Shane" A28-60 DU-D was the only A-20G in 22 Sqn to have personal markings as it was the aircraft of the CO Sqn Ldr (Later W.C.) Colin Woodman, he flew it on 20 of its 22 missions before it was destroyed in the Japanese night raid on Morotai on 22/23 nov 44, also the bomb log should be in green not white. green was a 50/50 mix of white and dark green.

other than the "P" instead of "D" and bomb log this is the best presented RAAF A-20G i've seen.

Thanks for your comments, I`ll have to look around for a `D`, but for the minute it`ll have to stay as it is.

Russ, if you look in the WW2 era disscussion there is a thread on RAAF Boston III's in it is a copy of an article on RAAF Bostons added by Steven Eisenman you may be interested in , pictures of another "Hilda Shane" etc , also the RAAF never refered to there A-20's as Havoc's, they were Boston III's (DB-7B's), A-20A Bostons, A-20C Bostons or A-20G Bostons even though they were working next to US A-20 Havoc units.

Russ, if you look in the WW2 era disscussion there is a thread on RAAF Boston III's in it is a copy of an article on RAAF Bostons added by Steven Eisenman you may be interested in , pictures of another "Hilda Shane" etc , also the RAAF never refered to there A-20's as Havoc's, they were Boston III's (DB-7B's), A-20A Bostons, A-20C Bostons or A-20G Bostons even though they were working next to US A-20 Havoc units.

Thanks, I have amended the first line to Boston.