new reference site

p-26luvr

It is with 3 strikes against me that I venture to offer this post. Being a backwoods "COLONIAL" who is not normally a ship modeler, who also is unsure of what ship modelers consider refetrence material. While search

ing for material on US Navy catapults I came across'

www.hnsa.org

On the index page that comes up in the navy documents section there are numerous manuals including 2 on US Navy camoflage, 1 in early 1942, & another in 1956. Both contain color profiles illustrating the various patterns. In tha age of sail are 2 very important English naval books; The Elements & Practice of Rigging & Seamanship by David Steel 1791, and,Textbook of Seamanship by Commodore Luce, 1891. These are complete copies.

Further down the index page there is HNSA-Booklet of General Plans.This has a list of very detailed plans for US Navy ships, some of which have severtal pages. The pages come up very slowly so do only 1 page at a time & wait for it to come up fully. You can bring up each page by using the bar on the right hand column. By bringing up the black bar across the bottom & clicking on the + symbol you can enlarge the plan every time that you hit it.

In the video section are 3 videos showing Australian POWs being rescued by US submarines, at the bottom of that index page.

This is an extensive site with a lot in it. Carl T :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...