1/48 - Saab 105/Sk.60 by Pilot Replicas - Sk.60A/B-RM9 released

Homebee

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2247135648750411&id=390440134419981

A test fit in progress and decals sheets for Saab 105 / Sk 60A/D :yahoo:

Good evening hobby friends, Hope you have a great weekend. Here it is full speed with testing for the SAAB 105 SK60 in 1/48 scale.

210516080755376818.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 11

• 4 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Saab 105/Sk.60 by Pilot Replicas - 3D renders+box art+test parts+decals - release in 2022
  • 2 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2429729957157645&id=390440134419981

They say the best Christmas gifts come from the heart … but a SAAB SK 60 in 1/48 scale do wonders too ! Look what Santa came up with Happy Christmas all hobby friends

105.png

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

Between this and Eduard's Z-126 kit coming up, I may end up delving into 1/48 for the first time in ages.

I just about lost my sanity wrestling with Marivox's 1/72 Saab 105 (I never did finish it) and I don't see another 105 on the horizon in any scale anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, upnorth said:

Between this and Eduard's Z-126 kit coming up, I may end up delving into 1/48 for the first time in ages.

I just about lost my sanity wrestling with Marivox's 1/72 Saab 105 (I never did finish it) and I don't see another 105 on the horizon in any scale anytime soon.

In generall I'd suggest to convert to 1/48 if accuracy  variety and buildability and aftermarket is your interest. Especially regarding jets..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, exdraken said:

In generall I'd suggest to convert to 1/48 if accuracy  variety and buildability and aftermarket is your interest. Especially regarding jets..

:ditto: There is also the advantage that they are larger which is helpful as increasing decrepitude causes issues. I swopped some years back and don't regret it for a second.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Saab 105/Sk.60 by Pilot Replicas - 3D renders+box art+test parts+decals+test build - release in 2022

Source: https://plasticfantastique.com/uncategorized/news-from-pilot-replicas/

(...) At Modellexpo 08-Open 2022 I had the pleasure of meeting Claes Wahlund, the owner and enthusiast behind Pilot Replicas. Starting with pilots and auxiliary vehicles in scale 1/48 he has since given us exquisite kits of the Saab J 21 and the Saab J 29 Tunnan. So it was with some anticipation I could ask him about his upcoming projects.

The first thing that caught my eye at his tables was a built version of the long rumoured Saab Sk 60. Claes told me that this was a pre-production test press that he built to find out if there need to be further improvements on the moulds. Corrections have been sent to the factory and he hoped that they could start production within a few weeks. As always things are a bit uncertain when it comes to these things. There's always new challenges. The production is done in Hong Kong and usually the products are transported by the Trans Siberian Railway but this possibility is now closed due to the war in Ukraine, so just the delivery times will be much longer. But still I got the impression that the Sk 60 is not that far away. (...)

Concerning the smaller white Saab Sk.60 in the picture herebelow, that's just a 3D print model that Pilot Replicas used to make its 1/48th kit. Although it is close to 1/72nd, it's not a kit project in this scale!

Sk-60-Test-run.jpg

Cleas-Wahlund.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

Release date is in about three weeks. And this time it is true. I know, because I have one of them in my hands. And it looks great! 😀

Pilot Replicas has received a small batch, more are on their way. The first batch will be sold at their webpage www.pilot-replicas.com. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Saab 105/Sk.60 by Pilot Replicas - 3D renders+box art+test parts+decals+test build - release September 2022