1:48th supermarine Type-300

bibriel

Hi again.

my last job is very special for me, is a project that has taken me a long time, since I had eager to add in my private collection.

this is the Supermarine type 300, the spitfire prototype, the base is the AIRFIX 1:48 spitfire MK.I, with much filling and paper sand work, no conversion kit, all are scracht work.

does not have positioned canopy, since a friend this working a new vacform canopy.

sorry for the bad pictures.

SupermarineType-300Spitfireprototype1.jpg

SupermarineType-300Spitfireprototype2.jpg

SupermarineType-300Spitfireprototype3.jpg

SupermarineType-300Spitfireprototype4.jpg

SupermarineType-300Spitfireprototype5.jpg

SupermarineType-300Spitfireprototype6.jpg

best regards from spain

• Like 1

Hi friend.

This is a lovely job.

The work in scratch conversion is great: nose, windscreen, radiator, wheels, tail landing unit, panel lines....really a great mastermodel. The colour is very smart, and so the base.

Congratulations dear friend. Amazing model.

Errrr a little bit too blue for my likeing allthough to be fair nobodys really sure what colour the prototype really was. :confused:

I went for a light Greyish Blue myself

sorry for my mistake english

I read the history of that aircraft, and send to the rolls-royce factory, and painted with rolls-royce blue car paint, all the pictures are B/W, no color pictures, the color is a conjecture.

Very nice, I particularly like the way you have accented the panel lines without over doing them. How did you do the exhaust ports?

Hi again.

How i made the exaust? with a copy scale plans and open holes with the dremel, and more and more patience, and more and more sand paper...

thanks

• Like 1