Airfix Lynx

nick

Hi everyone,just about to start an airfix Lynx. Nobody is more anti airfix than me, but I have to admit this is quite a nice kit - Apart from the panel, which is, well a sticker. So the first job is to sort that out. Seeing as the aftermarket boys haven't got their act together yet I thought I would knit my own, as obviously, waiting for anything is out of the question. So after a morning slaving over a hot CAD machine, here is the result. Off to my boiling acid bath next, watch this space.

7991407607_4b203c5be4_o.jpg

Nick

• Like 1

Will be watching this with interest! :-D

If I may offer a point of accuracy before you commit to printing. The centre console you have isnt in the correct config.

If it helps, heres a pic (actually an AH9...3rd hyd gauge oon the left on the engine instrument panel but the centre console is similar to a 7)

7991497369_e6b75592d1_h.jpg

Hi Nick, Great work on the CAD drawing and you've got Tony on boards so no room for errors! Just joking he's a great guy and willing to help.

Personally I prefer the decals and that is why in our Rotorcraft conversion kit we re-jigged the instrument deals. I'm finally getting to the final stages of my Lynx build, yes the decal look a little flat with the cockpit doors open but I think I'm happy with what I've acchieve.

Looking forward tot he rest of your build pics.

Just a thought, you might want to consider offering the PE parts to Ali at A2Zee, we could slot them into future kits.

Colin on the Africa Station

• 2 weeks later...

well they're here:-

8035267331_286be82c01_o.jpg

8035268683_26cde84cb8_o.jpg

8035268329_deb4d0b598_o.jpg

Just call call me CMOT Dibbler, but these puppies will run you four quid inc P&P in the UK. Get them while they're hot.

Nick.

Edited by nick
  • Like 2

How do you want to be paid?

PayPal please guys drop me a PM for the details

Thanks for your interest

Nick

Edited by nick
  • Like 1

Hi everyone thanks for all the support. Rather than generating loads of PMs (we don't want to break Mike's website again after all do we?) if you want one of these, just make sure your address is in paypal, and make a payment to my Palpay account at [email protected] it is set up to notify me and I will just send your fret out on receipt.

Thanks again

Nick

Forgot to mention that this set is designed to work as a retro fit also. So for all the keen people out there who have built their Lynx already, all of the instruments on the fret align exactly with the kit decal, so you can just paint the PE and lay it onto the supplied decal on you built or started kit, the same applies for the console as there is no modification required to the kit. I really do try and think of everything (-:

Nick