Couple of Hawk questions

Monty Python

Have just got hold of the Revell 1/32 scale Hawk kit. Trying to work out their colour call outs for the cockpit and wheel bays. Not bothered about the intake trunks as I'll be fitting FOD guards to them.

Should the cockpit interior be medium sea grey or admiralty grey (same as the Typhoon)?

Would light a/c grey for the wheel bays be correct?

Anything else you can throw at me would be most welcome.

Chris

Have just got hold of the Revell 1/32 scale Hawk kit. Trying to work out their colour call outs for the cockpit and wheel bays. Not bothered about the intake trunks as I'll be fitting FOD guards to them.

Should the cockpit interior be medium sea grey or admiralty grey (same as the Typhoon)?

Would light a/c grey for the wheel bays be correct?

Anything else you can throw at me would be most welcome.

Chris

In general:-

Dark Admiralty Grey for the cockpit.

Gloss White for the MLG and nose gear bays.

Gloss LAG for the inside of the MLG and nose gear doors although reading threads on BM, some RAF Hawks now have Gloss Black inside the doors.

There will be others who will be current on type who will update this.

HTH

DR

Dark Admiralty Grey for the cockpit.

Gloss White for the MLG and nose gear bays.

Gloss LAG for the inside of the MLG and nose gear doors although reading threads on BM, some RAF Hawks now have Gloss Black inside the doors.

Unless you are building a freshly delivered jet, the main u/c bays got dirty very quickly due to the spray from the main wheels. The bays also had an anti corrosion treatment (a bit like waxoil) applied which went a yellow/orange colour over time. The nose gear bay did not get affected in the same way and stayed clean.

U'C bays are gloss white

u/c legs are light a/c grey

cockpit interior is dark sea grey

instrument panels [in front of pilots] are matt black.

inside of airbrake & it's bay should be black.

the inner u/c doors are gloss black inside & outside

the 2 u/c doors on the leg are light a/c grey inside.

Hawk walkaround photo's here [not mine] http://www.britmodel...showtopic=71778

Edited by Hawkkeeper

inside of airbrake & it's bay should be black.

the inner u/c doors are gloss black inside & outside

Depending on the colour scheme. Correct for current black a/c, but not for a RA jet, red/white/grey/red jet, green/grey or grey aircraft.

Cockpit is Dark Admiralty Grey, but this is not the same as Typhoon. Typhoon's cockpit is FS 36231.

Sorry, but you will find theTyphoon cockpit is Dark Admiralty Grey. FS36231 is an American colour

Edited by Monty Python

my Hawk walkaround photo's here, current FRADU a/c.http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v384/western214h/Hawk%20walkround/

That's an excellent walkaround Hawkkeeper: I've been on the lookout for detail photos of the 'plumbing' and frame work on the cockpit side walls for sometime.

Thanks very much indeed for sharing!!!

Mark

Sorry, but you will find theTyphoon cockpit is Dark Admiralty Grey. FS36231 is an American colour

Sorry but i think you'll find Bobski IS the horses mouth on the BAE Typhoon colour issues, thats why he pointred out the FS number rather BS number becuase he knows its different from first hand sources