Another of those wonderful Dynavector kits

IPMS19

- This time it is the Scimitar, I think this appealling big twin jet is really well treated by Dynavector, I didn't experienced any problem with this kit ,as these vacu kit were really very well done and the fit of the white metal parts were rally on the top.

IMG_7379.jpg

IMG_7377.jpg

IMG_7376.jpg

IMG_7375.jpg

IMG_7374.jpg

IMG_7373.jpg

IMG_7371.jpg

IMG_7369.jpg

IMG_7368.jpg

IMG_7366.jpg

• Like 1

Taro San ('Mr' Dynavector) was a bit of a perfectionist and that shows in his kits...

Beautiful Scimitar - one of my favourite aeroplanes! :)

Iain

-As far as I remember Mr Dynavector, Taro San, had a Breguet Alize in his project, I deeply regret he does not achieved this, it was the French navy equivalent of the Fairey Gannet, it has been treated in injected by Mach 2 but it's a mess

Edited by IPMS19

Taro San ('Mr' Dynavector) was a bit of a perfectionist and that shows in his kits...

His moving coil cartridges are pretty decent also:

http://www.dynavector.com/

An excellent build of this beautiful aircraft, Sir! Still absolutely no justification for the absence of modern injected kits in this scale, though...mumble, grumble, dunno what the world's coming to, etc.

Excellent indeed - lovely subtle weathering, has a great sit and a terrific sense of solidity just like the real thing.

well done sir!

cheers

Rick

Great modelling and painting ! i also have one of these beauties and do intend to build it one day

When one thinks about it there are a great many classic aircraft that have not been kitted by the mainstream kit producers, i wonder if we will ever see Airfix or Trumpeter do one ? (in 1/48 please)

Anyway thanks for posting , great stuff !!

Cheers

His moving coil cartridges are pretty decent also:

http://www.dynavector.com/

An excellent build of this beautiful aircraft, Sir! Still absolutely no justification for the absence of modern injected kits in this scale, though...mumble, grumble, dunno what the world's coming to, etc.

Great modelling and painting ! i also have one of these beauties and do intend to build it one day

When one thinks about it there are a great many classic aircraft that have not been kitted by the mainstream kit producers, i wonder if we will ever see Airfix or Trumpeter do one ? (in 1/48 please)

Anyway thanks for posting , great stuff !!

Cheers

- Don't deseperate my friends, Airfix had issued a magnificent Sea-Vixen of the same vintage so why not a Scimitar.....?

Scimitars were powered by two Rolls Royce Avon turbojets that were actually mounted side by side in the fuselage.

I especially like your paintwork here as it is spot on and very realistic as usual.

Great work on your build. Another Stunner.

Karen

• Like 1

What a super build, I've one of these in the stash ,hope it comes out half as well as this one. Dynavector had a Firebrand TF5 listed as their next release, what a shame it never made it.

Andrew

Wonderful work. A lovely rendition of good old UK solid engineering. I have a kit in a box to complete. Sat and sanded all the vacform and trimmed the white metal one summer in the garden so essentially it's a case of putting it together like a standard kit. Your build has made me dig it out to 2nd position in the stash.

Top work, cheers andy

• Like 1