I built this a few yeays ago.

Its as close to the studio scale model, the 1/24th scale ones, as I could manage.

I studied as many pictures as I could and identified as many kit parts as possible.

The nose and cockpit module is made from acrylic sheet and shaped with car body filler.

The main body is clear acrylic sheet, dressed with kit parts and tubing.

The engine pods were made from Airfix Saturn Vs. When I built the model they were not available, except

on auction sites at silly prices!

I used plastic drain pipes of the same diameter. Since then I have got hold of two Saturn Vs and will rebuild the model using them.

I've also found some domes that are closer to the profile of the end caps on the engine pods.

It is not a 100% copy of the original, but its close enough for me!

Parts I couldn't identify or source I either constructed of found something similar.

100_1676.jpg

100_1675.jpg

100_1674.jpg

100_1655.jpg

100_1654.jpg

100_1653.jpg

100_1652.jpg

100_1651.jpg

100_1650.jpg

100_1649.jpg

Here are a few shots of work in progress:

100_1628.jpg

100_1631.jpg

100_1633.jpg

thanks for looking.

Very nice job. :thumbsup2:

I've been collecting donor kits for one of these, for a number of years now. I think at last count, I was up to abot 60 kits. Like you, the bits I can't identify, I'll just scratch.

I take it you are aware that those domes for the engines were from l'eggs egg containers?. They were also used for the steering vane surrounds.

Fantastic job! I'm always in awe of studio scale stuff - the level of dedication to id and collect all the bits and pieces, and then the time and scratchbuilding effort to finish it. Plus you end up with a *huuge* model to find a home for :)