Harrier T.Mk 12, 1/48

herr66

The det cord is a pain as they are different to the GR. Even the front and rear vary on the T.10/12.

Masking would test the eyesight and steady hand. Next best bet is thin strips of light grey decal although angles are curves and not sharp bends.

Sending you a PM Jan

Cheers robbo

Hi Nick, Robbo and others,

thank you very much for the information about aircraft and Maverick. It helps me very much.

I have one more question, how to do the MDC chord on the canopy? My idae is to make a masks and sprayed it with colour.

Can you think of any other solution?

Thanks!

Jan

our kits have a decal for the mdc

rgds ian

P1040084.jpg

P1040085.jpg

Today I don't working on the Harrier, instead I relaxed and sailed on a sailboat.

Nice Progress, looking good.

A small airframe detail to amend is the spine antenna. On the US versions there is a square fitting at the rear of the wing(as in the kit) on the spine, on RAF machines this is a white disc/dome.

Nick, Thanks for the bag pod plug :thumbsup2:

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

I have to say that this set captures the shape of the T10/12 better than Heritage's earlier version - so well done Nick and Ian for perservering with it. Good job on the build Jan, and a good find with '105 with Mavericks and gun-pods. Should be a nice model when done - despite the missing internal glazing - as Nick says most won't notice it with the hood shut!

MDC for T10/12 has to be decal applied inside ideally as with the single seat kit decal. One can use 5amp fueswire for early SHARs and GR1/3s / AV-8As. As a decal it's a real pain as it needs to be trimmed out in the middle much like the kit GR7/9 canopy MDCs. One could try 5amp fusewire, again inside the canopy; though I doubt it would do much for one's sanity...

Cheers,

Nick

Hi all,

Thanks for the nice comments and ideas!

In the dirst stage, I´ll try to make a template and then sprayed the MDC.If the result was not OK, I´ll have to try something else.

Have nice day!

Jan

On the front of the port drop tank is just the black anti-erosion paint - it looks an odd shapedue to the blackish shadow behind the tip of the tank on the fuselage... go on, have a close look! I'll admit when I first saw the photo I thought that it was a non standard AIM9 ACQN round too, but it's just a normal one! What IS interesting is that it is being carried on a non-BOL AIM-9 rail, as used by SHARs. I wonder what was on the stbd side...? Sadly, there's no photo from the other side on www.airliners.net.

Thought I had replied to this, but it's disappeared.

There is another pic that shows a little of the starboard side and it appears to have a standard (empty) non-BOL Sidewinder rail, like the early aircraft (THis was 2003, when did the BOL rail become standard?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great looking conversion. I have this in the stash waiting for some time. I'll be watching with baited breath.

I would like to say from the outset though, the Heritage Conversion canopy looks outsized and bulbous but yours seems spot on. I wonder if this not the Heritage conversion?

Hi Loki,

Heritage's NEW T10/T12 conversion set has the fueslage and canopy now correctly shaped, like the one Jan is using.

(Says the humble maker of the masters for the sets!)

Ian would be saying to you... "Buy your's today!"

Cheers,

Nick

• Like 1

Jan,

Beware of the panel line at the front of the windscreen on the nose. There is only one vertical panel line just aft of the vane on the nose and you'll need to fill and sand the one nearest the windscreen.

Your new GPS dome looks right! Nice catch there.

Cheers

Martin