bf/me110d-3 1/48 dragon

foureyes

Got a little time so did this.

IMAG0458-1.jpg

It's the underfloor cannons and operator's seat. The cannons won't be seen at all but they are well detailed and painted with bolt gun and a black wash. They also wouldn't fit in built like in the instructions so i had to pull them to pieces again to fit. Like so.

IMAG0459-1.jpg

Slowly working my way to the rear of the cockpit.

Cheers for looking

Kev

Looking good Kev,

Your progress is coming along swimmingly, looks just perfect to me.

We too had a new addition to the family, our second daughter, but two and half weeks ago, so I know how you need to manage the modelling shelf with the Dad duties too.

And as for the AXTEC airbrush, I use a similar one too, and bar a few small issues then and now it performs beautifully, using only the fine nozzle for all work. I really have had no need to expand in the use of other nozzles, as most effects can be achieved through the fine one, including mottling.

Keep the updates coming, I really look forward to seeing how the fit is, as I have previously said, I have three of this kit in the stash (this one, the Dackelbach and Nightfighter) and would love to know what I am possibly in for if I decide to start one.

It's been a struggle to fit any time in at the mo dad duties split between all four of them is taking its toll.

Still not cracked open the airbrush. Gave it a clean and polish and can't wait to load it up.

It took me ages to decide if not to do this kit but the detail is so good I couldn't resist. It fits together very well but don't believe the instructions in their steps. I.e. best dry fit first to check the order. The cannon tray would not fit as shown at all. but once in it fits fine and looks the part. As I said before beware little bits not on the instructions at all. There are at least four pieces in the first two steps that arn't accounted for but should be. Good luck if you decided to start one and do a w.I.p. I would love to see someone else's.

Cheers

Kev

Nice work on the cockpit. The old Airfix ME110 was the first kit I built has a nipper. Always had a soft for the plane since then.

Christof

Thanks very much. It's my first go at one of these at any scale or make. My builds are leaning a little luft at the mo. But are about 50/50 overall. I like the shape of spits and hurricanes etc. And have done two spits so far. This is model number eleven so far so very much still learning. Both in techniques and as to what I like. I love weathering so dirty things I enjoy. I have a few German tanks to do at some point and i can go to town on them.

Cheers

Kev

Edited by foureyes

We too had a new addition to the family, our second daughter, but two and half weeks ago, so I know how you need to manage the modelling shelf with the Dad duties too.

Sorry, forgot to say congratulations. Sleep deprivation doing its job.

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

That pits a real gem Kev, looking forward to seeing the rest come together :)

Cheers, Stu

Very nice!

Cheers guys. Had five minutes and closed the fuse up. Also started on the engines. They are lovely. Nicely detailed with some sensible plumbing on them. Very Fiddely and the instructions a little vague concerning the cooling pipe which comes from the front. It doesn't show its route properly so you can't see exactly where to put it until its nearly finished. But it needs to be in place earlier.

IMAG0479.jpg

Having built an Aires version of the 603 on my fw152 i think these are awesome. They should look great when painted.

This was the 603 Aires version.

IMAG0404.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

Cheers Kev.

Edited by foureyes

Thats really coming together now Kev, lovely detail work on the engines, are you having them both on display?

Cheers, Stu

I will have them both on display I think. But i may be adding some more detail to them and the bulkheads and i will change the wire colours too. I thought I had seen a pic with red wires but it was my memory playing tricks. It was red number stencils on the block. Shows you should always look at a pic.

Kev

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks kpc7676. Managed to get some time at last and built up the wheel wells and undercarriage.

Once again oob. Haven't added anything as yet to the kit. In places it has so much detail and in others its a little lacking. The engine bulkhead is totally flat for one. But the struts and detail of the wells is great.

IMAG0506.jpg

Here it is in place after a lot of swearing. The instructions are not too great on this bit.

IMAG0507.jpg

And the other side.

IMAG0505.jpg

Also repainted the ignition wires a more subtle light grey. P.s. the ink wash is still drying on the picture.

IMAG0509.jpg

Once again thanks for looking.

Kevin

• Like 1

Cheers stu. Yep dirty fingers as always. Had a wee break and had a POP at a blohm and voss bv 141. which I posted on here somewhere. Nowhere near finished but needed my mojo back and decided a change as good as a rest.

Kev

I have finished off both wings complete with flaps etc. I decided to do them up as there is some nice detail in the radiator cowls. Also every one I have seen in period pics have the flaps up when at rest. Including the restored ones in various museums. Tail partly done too. Here it is so far none is stuck together but gives you a sense of its size and shape.

IMAG0513.jpg

Paint is looming!!!

Cheers Kev.

Edited by foureyes

Finally got some time with it. After I was accustomed with my shiney new airbrush I masked everything in sight. The kit comes with a full canopy and a canopy in pieces to display open. So instead of masking it all I just tacked the full canopy in place and sacrificed it. I will mask and paint the open canopy at a later date and fit that at the end. I used a white undercoat and black preshading. Then a coat of rlm 65 from vallejo. It's lovely paint and the model air sprays straight from the bottle. I will let this fully dry for a few days then i will try to find some time for the splinter camo.

IMAG0521.jpg

And a different view in different lighting

IMAG0522.jpg

Thanks for looking. Any thoughts appreciated.

Kev

Edited by foureyes

Shes looking grand there Kev, the preshading looks just right!

Now find a 109 and join the group build :)

I would love to. But I have placed a strict rule to build more and buy less. I have got the 1/32 hasegawa kawasaki tony. I am going to foil it...... That's next. But may change.... Either way every time I go any where i think.."its only a little one". Yesterday in wells got a 1/72 new tool airfix mustang to practice foil application. And the pile grew again..

I should give all my cash to the misses?!

Kev

• 3 weeks later...