new 1/48 kittyhawk Jaguar

song

Dear M. Song and Coleman,

In order to avoid errors and approximations, I strongly suggest you the purchase of the following reference book about the SEPECAT Jaguar.

OK it's a pricy book but despite the language barrier it's THE ultimate reference on the subject, I mean for the French part of the Jag history.

Jaguar

Le félin franco-anglais en action

Alain Vezin

re-edited by ETAI (http://www.etai.fr/f...065&theme_id=27)

ISBN : 978 2 7268 8785 1

Review (previous edition): http://www.aerostori...rticle1316.html

Available

AMAZON.fr (1st edition): http://www.amazon.fr...n/dp/2952525420

Livraero: http://www.livreaero...uemart&Itemid=1

Boutique Aero: http://www.boutique...._en_action.aero

etc.

9782726887851_1_75.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

I'm not as familiar with the shape of the Jaguar, but I would be interesting to see what potential problems you can see from the CAD renderings. It will be intersting to compare these comments with the kit when it is released to see which - if any - turn out to be true...

Jens

Dear Mr. Song and Mr. Coleman,

while i would love to see a 1/48th Scimitar, Swift and Firebrand etc; from a marketing perspective, models of these aircraft are not going

to offset the tooling costs for YEARS!

The Gnat / Ajeet family has a larger market, as this aircraft flew with the RAF in its trainer version, with the Indian AF and Finnish AF

in its fighter variant. Colour schemes are wide and varied, from NMF through camouflage to the yellow of the RAF 'Yellow jacks' and the

perennial favourite, the RAF 'Red Arrows', know Internationally. It is also known to the U.S market through its appearance in the film "Hot Shots" in its "THE NAVY" guise.

John Adams of 'Aeroclub' cannot? make more of his 'short run' kit as, to my understanding, the moulds are no more.

(Just have a look on U.K. e-bay, the Aeroclub kit sells regularly for ÂŁ50 - ÂŁ60 [$80 - $100])

Also, to the best of my knowledge, there is only a 48th fighter version available in resin, so............................

The above are just a few business reasons to CONSIDER this aircraft as a possible future release.

As an aside, the aircraft is small in 48th scale; even in 32nd it's not as big as a Tamiya Spitfire,

ANY chance of an issue in 32nd? :Tasty::please:

As for the Javelin, the 'Flying Flatiron' might just have enough appeal to sell well internationally,

given the ecclectic tastes of we modellers!

Whatever you decide to release in the future, i wish you all the very best.

Paul

Edited by PhoenixII

Guest squezzer

:ninja:

AS30-Laser-S.jpg

This is a test configuration. It has never been use operationnally. You can even find pictures of the two seater with laser guided ordnance, for test purpose too.

Only the last aircraft were wirede to use the ATLIS pod (from A130 to A160, if I recall)

Edited by squezzer

There a are quite a few good books on the Jaguar.

Warplane Classic no 1-Sepecat Jaguar is a good overall book for photo's of all versions.

Aeroguide 31-Jaguar, Has loads of great close ups of all RAF Versions.

No reason for any big mistakes to make it into the kit.

I love the Jaguar, so I'm looking forwards to this release.

Shaun.

(...)while i would love to see a 1/48th Scimitar, Swift and Firebrand etc; from a marketing perspective, models of these aircraft are not going

to offset the tooling costs for YEARS!

The Gnat / Ajeet family has a larger market, (...)

As for the Javelin, the 'Flying Flatiron' might just have enough appeal to sell well internationally, given the ecclectic tastes of we modellers!(...)

Really?

Sound to be the result of a serious market survey... :hmmm:

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Second to the Chad campaign in the 80's, very good looking scheme.

Perfect to pair with the Saudi Tornado.

Lets hope the kits come with intakes trunking too !

Tonka

Edited by Tonka

Really?

Sound to be the result of a serious market survey... :hmmm:

V.P.

Hi V.P.

sorry about the delay in replying, and NOT wishing this to become :handbag::handbag: at dawn!

As you will be well aware, no market survey, just application of something as rare as unobtainium, it's called common sense,

and an awfully long time working with, alongside and supplying service to the general public!

We've all HEARD that the 48th Airfix Lightning was the BEST kit they ever produced,

(other kits, of different subjects, by other manufacturers ARE available!)

we have also heard that the Airfix Lightning didn't sell that well, conflicting information? Conspiracy theories? or just plain wrong?

Ditto the Revell 32nd Hunter AND their 72nd Hunter.

Until the re-release, the Airfix kit got silly money on e-bay, yet has been said on this forum, they were ten a penny from some

rather large outlets. This, even knowing the moulds still exist, and can be put back into manufacture PDQ.

Similar for the Revell kits, yet, they had been lorded as the best thing since sliced bread.

Most market surveys, immaterial of what it's about, are flawed. People that are asked want to answer the way they THINK

will be perceived as correct, or the least 'out of step' with the majority. Also, people are prone to exageration, as in, "Oh, i'd buy

xxxx number if only someone would release a Scruggs Wunderplane Mk.65 or even a Mk.66."

As soon as a kit is produced, they will then proceed to trot out all MANNER of excuses for NOT buying.

I'm NOT advocating that "I know better", because i don't, BUT, the information in my original post stands as accurate,

with the information regarding the only 48th scale GNAT, (no longer available) and to reiterate, as far as i know, there is just one 48th kit,

in resin, of the Midge/Ajeet. Also the comments about the Scimitar etc. stand, the reason being, the unit numbers sold would be uneconomic to justify the inward investment in mould technology. I would LOVE to be proven wrong, knowing i won't be!

Why? because it outlay divided by income multiplied by time and the numbers won't / don't add up.

Now, in similar vein, how about a 'blunty' (Jet Provest) Mk3 and a Mk.5 (plus Strikemaster!) 'cos the promised one seems to have disappered

like a morning mist. (yes, i know about the Heritage kit!)

Paul (sharp end business devlopment manager) :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

Please tell us there will be an RAF/international Jag release, not just a Frenchie one!!

Please tell Us there will be an FRENCH Jag release, not just an English one !! :yahoo:

-sorry, I couldn't resist ... :coolio:

Tonka

• Like 1

Yes my bank account is going to get shafted!!!

If you still have your ears open, A Couple of Gannets would probably sell quite well. I wont pay ÂŁ90+ for an evil bay one but would for two new ones!!

Anything cold war and British would also end up in my study!!

Ian M

jagProfile.jpg

jagProfile2.jpg

source: http://www.airliners...guar-A/2100864/

1: the colored profile may not be a proper representation of the CAD model profile but I find the laser telemeter coaming and the avionic bay heat exchanger (?) coaming too deep (they stick out too much)

2: that issue is the one that bother several members of Master194: the fact that the top of the nose of the profile is too curved. Song said he fixed this in a PM.

3: the grey blotch area should be sand colored (link from Olivier): http://aeromil-yf.pa...able finale.jpg

4: phony panel line. Reference photo needed

Intake curvature could be corrected a bit (raised by Griffin). Transition in radius of curvature shouldn't be so progressive.

jagIntake1.jpg

jagIntake2.jpg

Song didn't provide a top view, but there may be something to do on the spine (cross section perhaps; raised by Griffin). Reference: http://walkarounds.s...r_0009.jpg.html

The boxart shows a French plane with a GR.1 seat (raised by martin, an ejector seat freak)

The CAD shows underbelly chaff/flares dispensers. French Jaguars didn't have those.

Edited by Laurent