new 1/48 kittyhawk Jaguar

song

Looking at the side view in Laurent's picture, there is a large concave fillet between the nose and the pitot - the CAD only features a small radius here. Personally, I still think the laser seeker looks too large...

Jens

Song ? Would it be possible to hade the whole profile view of the CAD model to see if the rangefinder and the cooling unit behind the cockpit are correctly proportioned to the whole fuselage ?

Looking at the side view in Laurent's picture, there is a large concave fillet between the nose and the pitot - the CAD only features a small radius here. Personally, I still think the laser seeker looks too large...

Better ?

nose_before.JPG

nose_after.JPG

Some reference:

http://walkarounds.s...r_0008.jpg.html

http://walkarounds.s...r_0019.jpg.html

http://florent1973.f...guar.A_280g.jpg

Edited by Laurent

2096105.jpg

from http://www.airliners.net/photo/France---Air/Sepecat-Jaguar-A/2096105/L/&sid=7d8333f16093499f80e3987788ff41ff

Here We have both options with and without the nose seeker , one of the better pics I have.

In South and Central Americas the Jaguar is Our biggest feline , much smaller than a Lion,

I would say the size of a adult dog Rottweiler Jaguar2.jpg

1260815924342_f.jpgas a Mascot of Brazilian Amazonian Army Special Forces

In Brazil She is called "Onça-Pintada" . A hard fight is in curse to preserve and save this animal from extintion.

Tonka

• 2 weeks later...

T2 / T4 version would be very welcome indeed! With the fact that Paragon Designs did VERY well selling their conversion, I am sure that the modelling fraternity would buy up the twin seater very quickly indeed.

Paragon's conversion is now a rarity and is much sought after.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one Mr. Song. And the British versions?

Great to see slats and flaps etc dropped and so many options. For my part, I prefer that inspection panels stay closed and keep the cost down, but that's just me.

I will definitely be ordering the UK version as soon as it is released. Any ideas when?

:)

Edited by Loki

Curious why you've included separate spoilers? I've never seen a photo of a Jag parked with the spoilers deflected. Agree with the above - I'd much rather see a good, accurate, sound basic kit without all the extra doo-dads. The aftermarket will take care of that for those who want it (which is a small minority), and it will make the kit easier to build in a more normal configuration for the majority. Plus it would keep the cost down...

What's there looks really good!!

Just my tuppence worth...

Edited by Jennings Heilig

I know what your saying Laurent, but: Oh my! I can see there are some slight shape issues but compared to the Airfix/Heller the shape of the intakes and rear fuselage it looks way better and I want one.

Edited by borz666

I know what your saying Laurent, but: Oh my! I can see there are some slight shape issues but compared to the Airfix/Heller the shape of the intakes and rear fuselage it looks way better and I want one.

Well the kit is modern and a lot more detailed than the Heller kit so get one ! The inaccuracies I've noticed are fixable.

Sorry I really didn't like of the Kinetic's F-16s anyway !

But this Jaguar A is Super !

Congrats Mr. Song.

I believe the French version is all right but the cannon fairings looks to be too straight and should be more angled, as Laurent said above with

illustrations.

I have both old ESCI and Heller 1/48 kits and although venerable they had much more shape mistakes and less details.

The separate fuselage/cockpit section clearly indicates the Jaguar E version to come...

Tonka

I am a firm believer that kit manufacturers ought to get things right from the start and listen to those that are "in the know".

Rather than guessing their way or making things up (like the spoilers next to the flaps) they really should get things right from the start. Laurent has spent much time in posting possible errors and alterations and this does not appear to have been noted.

At least, the fixes appear easy enough. I will get a couple for sure (RAF versions though) and simply fill in the spoiler section and shave the other areas that require attention.

As I write this, I am thinking that Kitty Hawk may be trying to show this kit in the maintenance area, hence the open panels and engine area.

Still, I prefer that the basic shape was correct and there were no open panels and "arty farty" stuff like that. If modellers want that kind of thing, then let them do it themselves.

Rule 1 - Make sure the shapes are right (that includes the gun apertures)

Rule 2 - keep the cost down

Rule 3 - keep the cost down

Rule 4 - keep the cost down

As for everything else, the aftermarket system will take care of the rest.