Red Arrows Hawk

Dan

Hi everyone, this here is the first model aircraft I've built in over fifteen years, made as part of the recently finished Aerobatic GB :)

Airfix 1/48 and thoroughly enjoyable :D Hope you like.

SDC13604.jpg

SDC13605.jpg

SDC13607.jpg

SDC13614.jpg

SDC13616.jpg

SDC13598.jpg

SDC13600.jpg

SDC13602.jpg

• Like 1

A lovely build.

Just a point, for anyone who hasn't built this kit. There is no undercarriage up option! I did a similar model for someone last year and it was a nightmare filling in all the wheel wells and then painting the arrow on.....

So, you have my utmost respect!

Smashing work Dan. What did you use for the pilots oxygen hose?

Phil

Cheers, I think the pilot came from a hasegawa F-16, used the standard kit arms though.

A lovely build.

Just a point, for anyone who hasn't built this kit. There is no undercarriage up option! I did a similar model for someone last year and it was a nightmare filling in all the wheel wells and then painting the arrow on.....

So, you have my utmost respect!

Thanks, yea it wasn't easy I must admit, I think a lot of my trouble was down to the brand of filler I used (vallejo) whilst very easy to apply and pretty fast setting it just didn't like being sanded at all. In the end I used some quite coarse grit and then smoothed over it all with liquid greenstuff and got the required finish that way

First model aircraft in 15, but certainly NOT your first model judging by the first class work you did to this mate! I love the subtle weathering on this bird.

No fooling you LOL!! Yea I have been into warhammer on and off for the last few years (painting not playing)... Certainly a lot of the skills I gained from that have carried across but I'd say I learned more from all of you lot over the last few months here.

Thanks everyone :)