1/72nd Convair F-102A Delta Dagger by Meng Model - released - new Georges W. Bush edition!

Homebee

DS-003 F102A (Case X) to be released soon!

After releases of DS-001 and DS-002, MENG now has reversed from its Japanese hypothetical aircrafts style to release a model kit of America's first supersonic all-weather interceptor! Three painting options will surely let you enjoy the modeling best. Get one for your own dream build!

ds003web1.jpg

Source: http://www.meng-mode.../new.php?id=339

Meng Model is in a good way. After two hypotheticals "nipponneries" they are now to produce real aircraft kits. They still have to change for the one true scale, I mean the 1/48th. :coolio:

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Woo-Hoo! About bloody time did a modern kit of the F-102, can we have a Case-XX winged aircraft shortly after followed by new kits of the F-84F, RF-84F before they get around to an F-106 please?

Wez, very happy oh yes!

Hope one of the options is for the 32nd TFS Wolfhounds at Soesterberg Netherland, (not sure if they had Case X or XX). I also hope Xtradecal brings out a sheet with more options, as they are keeping the 1/72 scale flag flying.

The options have been discovered http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=254820&view=findpost&p=2417685

Robert

The

Edited by Robert

£13.99 is not a bad price for a high quality kit of a similar subjet. The Deuce is not a small aircraft, it's larger than a Tornado and hopefully the kit will have a good number of parts (if only to reproduce all the details they claim, particularly the weapon bay).

The problem is what price the kit will have once it arrives in Europe ! Checking Hannant's prices for other Meng Models kits, they seem to cost around 30% more than the Hobby Easy price, so I'd expect this to be in the £19.99 range. It's not pocket money, but it's the kind of money Xtrakit and other short run manufacturers ask for many of their kits, acceptable IMHO

• Like 1

$21 Canadian dollars is not bad seeing they are almost that price for the old Hasegawa ones which are not bad but up dated version is even better IF it is good or better.

Checking Hannant's prices for other Meng Models kits, they seem to cost around 30% more than the Hobby Easy price, so I'd expect this to be in the £19.99 range. It's not pocket money, but it's the kind of money Xtrakit and other short run manufacturers ask for many of their kits, acceptable IMHO

I'd say more than acceptable! It makes it equivalent to the Trumpeter F-105. I imagine that if Hasegawa were producing this, it would be at least twice as expensive.

I wonder if Meng have plans for another boxing with the Case XX wing. It seems pointless to point out "Case X" on the box otherwise.

Edited by Enzo Matrix