Bedtime reading

jetboy

Hi,started the war in space book,loads of facts about all the early space race and launches,some ive never heard off before,your never too old to learn something new......cheers Don....ill post anything thats really intresting........Don

Hi Don,

here's what is on the workbench currently.

Mike

P1100617a.jpg

Hi Mike,now that looks very intresting,any more pics or are you saving them,whats the reference material,im very intrested,i can show you what im working on at the moment if you want,about ten different missile projects,at the moment,theres too much intresting stuff about at the moment,i want to get the shuttle launch pad built,the iss,and im just waiting on shuttle decals from us at the moment,as ive got about ten different shuttle kits to do with payloads,but i cannot finish one i like yet.So im hoping the tile decals,will suffice,and i will be happy with the result,because im not confident enough,and it gets worse when i see these shuttle builders on these sites,they always look miles better than anything i can manage,otherwise i will have to stick my 4d shuttle on the kits booster rockets and show that.Ihave married them up loosly and it does look awesome.....cheers Don

Hi Don,

the model is a scratchbuild MLP/LUT for the Airfix 1:144 Saturn series of launch vehicles. I'm only up to Level 60 (up to Level 340!) so far; so a long way to go yet.

The books are from the ARA Press and have loads of scale drawings of rockets and launch vehicles etc.

Here's some links to rocketry sites, some have decent drawings and photos.

Directory of U.S. Military Rockets

ScaleRoc- part of Yahoo Groups, you may have to join to get access. It's free and well worth it.

HTH

Mike

• Like 1

Hi Don,

the model is a scratchbuild MLP/LUT for the Airfix 1:144 Saturn series of launch vehicles. I'm only up to Level 60 (up to Level 340!) so far; so a long way to go yet.

The books are from the ARA Press and have loads of scale drawings of rockets and launch vehicles etc.

Here's some links to rocketry sites, some have decent drawings and photos.

Directory of U.S. Military Rockets

ScaleRoc- part of Yahoo Groups, you may have to join to get access. It's free and well worth it.

HTH

Mike

Hi mike,you must have the paitience of a saint to start something like that,I agree that the saturn 5 is a model that needs a launch tower stood next to it,and as nothing but hugely expensive commercial ones are available,that scratch building is the only option left to the modeller,but its a tremendous undertaking to start.Myself i went for the easier option,could not even concieve starting a scratch model,but i did think it needed a tower,i went for a styalised version,took three hours and though i know it looks nothing like the real mcoy,no body whos seen it has ever said thats not right,except on line.Tsheer size of the model and tower takes the view away from the tower,i made it from my kids old tower cranes and some old speaker stands,it does the job for me,though i would love a kit to build,i have the shuttle tower,so ithink some manufacturer should get off its backside and sort this out,i mean id buy three or four.....failing that ill just have to watch people like you persevere,onwards and upwards.cheers Don

That James Oberg book looks like it should be good. I still have an original 1982 printing of "Red Star in Orbit".

Hi eric,cheers for that,its got guns in space,a russian shotgun with different projectiles in the normal space kit, wierd,who where they expecting up there?....cheers Don