This going to be one of my entries, its an Airfix Boeing 727-100, in a -200 box... It will be in the last Dan Air livery, decals from RichW.
Im making no mods, my entires are going to be straight out the box.....
so this is the kit, i will post a photo of the decals when i get them....

2012-08-29185401.jpg

Thanks Bradley

Edited by madaboutmodels

You might want to think about making one small mod to the kit. Airfix in their infinite wisdom put the potato chip fences on the trailing edges instead of the leading edges. A small cut with a razor saw, a scrap of plastic card and a few seconds sanding will put things to rights.

Take a look at the 5th post in this thread to see the incorrect fence. It goes on the leading edge at the same distance along the span. Post #7 shows the corrected fences. When you know what to look for they'll jump right out of any photo. Here's a good one.

Leave the incorrect ones on until you have the saw cuts done; they're perfect for lining up the cuts properly, and they're just about the right shape so you'll have an idea how your replacements should look (aside from the fact that they're a little thicker, being on the leading edge and all).

• 2 weeks later...

PHOTOS HAVE ARRIVED!!!!

This is far as i have got so far. The wings are stuck together, elevators are stuck together. The engines are glued and internally oainted. The fuse has been glues and filled.

In the photos the parts are all fry fitted to her :)

2012-09-25203906.jpg

2012-09-25204108.jpg

2012-09-25204015.jpg

2012-09-25204045.jpg

2012-09-25204132.jpg

2012-09-25204200.jpg

2012-09-25204235.jpg

Thats it for now, hope you like it :)

Thanks Bradley

Edited by madaboutmodels
  • Like 1

so much pressure..... lol

dont rush Brad...take your time....never mind all those who keep on saying "do it brad...do it NOW"....just say;

"Get thee behind me satan"

and go slowly

I can wait :)

nice work so far btw

• 4 weeks later...

well nearly a month has passed.... Next to no proggress... Still cant afford paint, havent had ay sice July.......... Stop saving for telford ans buy some paint lol.....

Any way. The wing fences are finished!!!

2012-10-26180219.jpg

2012-10-26180131.jpg

Also the engines are painted, pylons arent, but the engine is....

2012-10-26180320.jpg

Sorry, but this is all i have done...

Hope to have more done, i am a nghtmare, started a 787-8 this afternoon....

You've made a good start, Bradley. Don't pressurise yourself into rushing - that's when you'll mess something up. It's also a recipe for modeller's block (and we can all relate to that :lol:).

Save your money and buy the paint at Telford! :). Don't forget you can get 10% off by pre-ordering it from Hannants. There's plenty of time to finish your 727 afterwards.