Hobby Boss 1/32 Spitfire (a first timer!)

Hello everybody here on britmodeller!

I'm one of the new dudes, and don't have a big amount of experience. But I have built quite a few kits.

I went to an airshow earlier this year and a fellow plane builder was selling out some of his kits. And one of them was this brilliant kit!

It was damn cheap so I had to get it! As I've already said, i'm still new to building models, done it for like two years now. I'm 15 years old ;)

Build thread is here : http://www.danskemodelbyggere.dk/forum/index.php?topic=2665.0

I'm very proud with the results! Yes I know I weathered it a bit too much and there is silvering, but the silvering is fixed.

Here follows :

7003_16_07_12_10_00_16_0.JPG

7003_16_07_12_10_00_19_1.JPG

7003_16_07_12_10_00_22_2.JPG

7003_16_07_12_10_00_24_3.JPG

7003_16_07_12_10_00_27_4.JPG

7003_16_07_12_10_00_29_5.JPG

7003_16_07_12_10_00_31_6.JPG

7003_16_07_12_10_00_34_7.JPG

Robin

Cheers mate! Appreciate it! At the moment I'm building a Revell 1/32 F-15D. Alright kit, but it has some missing parts and so on. But it's from 1984 or something like that. It's gonna be painted in the scheme of 86-0182 / LN from RAF Lakenheath :)

Happy to know that you all find it nice! I think one of the things that helps your builds is the possibility to find loads of reference pictures on the internet rather than lending/buying a book.

I will post my F-15 as soon as it's done!

Robin

Happy to know that you all find it nice! I think one of the things that helps your builds is the possibility to find loads of reference pictures on the internet rather than lending/buying a book.

I will post my F-15 as soon as it's done!

Robin

Robin,

Better place here as there are LOADS of tutorials & guidance here for the F-15. Just do a search & there is 'bound' to be someone that has made it & they have completed a 'build' sequence. Better still, find it & try to match or beat the person that made it!

All the best & have fun.................

• Like 1

Good attempt at "Donald"

Like folks say,you know your mistakes,but at least you've listened to us "Spit buffs"

and not gone for the thick black panel line look that is oh so wrong with a smooth

Spit/Seafire airframe.

Well done lad,ask all the questions you want about anything,we're all here to help.

Edited by Miggers

Good attempt at "Donald"

Like folks say,you know your mistakes,but at least you've listened to us "Spit buffs"

and not gone for the thick black panel line look that is oh so wrong with a smooth

Spit/Seafire airframe.

Well done lad,ask all the questions you want about anything,we're all here to help.

I quite agree on the one with the panel lines! It looks rather silly with too much of a black line :)

Thanks for the ''like'' :D

Robin

• 2 weeks later...