This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

JeffreyK

What's the deal with your postage rates?

Hi Kagero,

you've got many books I'm interested in and your sale prices make them even more attractive. After many hours of establishing which publication out of your different series of books would be right for me I finally packed the shopping cart yesterday. But then the blow: over 24 pounds something for standard delivery?!

The only option for UK delivery is DHL and they are known for their extremely high prices. Is there any special reason why you don't offer the option of standard (Polish) mail? I'm not in a hurry and the total sales value of the books is even less than the DHL delivery cost alone so there shouldn't be an insurance value issue either.

I really like your publications, in particular the scale drawings and the way subtle type differences are pointed out. I have the Ki-43 book for instance and it's great. But at these postage rates there is little point for me of buying directly from you, even at discounted prices...

Cheers

Jeffrey

Hello Jeffrey,

First, thank you for kind words about our publications.

Now, the shipping issue. I'm aware that you and many other customers may be patient enough to wait until the Polish post office will deliver their orders sooner or later, but on the other hand there were many other guys who thought that Polish post office should work like the post offices in more civilized countries and deliver their orders in at least 1-2 weeks, what often turned out to be impossible. Thereby they were making the PayPal disputes and we were losing the books we had sent as well as the payment for them. Apart from some packages which were indeed lost by postal service, in many cases the customers got their money back after a month...and the books sooner or later after. Therefore, our management decided to use only the courier service for many countries as it is fast and trustworthy. Please understand our point of view here. Until the Polish post office improves their service, we will have to use the courier service for most of the foreign destinations. However, in the forthcoming months you should be able to found our books and decals in many more shops in your country.

With kindest regards,

Maciej

Hi Jeffrey - Casemate Publishing in the UK will be selling Kagero's books online. Looks like there P& P is a lot less.

HTH

Jonners

Thank you both for the replies! Well, if UK distributor and/or retailer come into play then it's probably a toss-up between high retail- and low postage, vs. low retail- and high postage prices. The MiG-29 Top Shots book for instance is £6.60 regular £2.64 at current discount price at Kagero, while £7.99 from Casemate (if it was available...). The Bf 110 Vol. 1 Monograph is £16.00 regular and £11.20 discounted at Kagero while £19.99 at Casemate.

I understand the problem of loss of merchandise and revenue. Hard to understand is though that in this day and age the Polish mail system is (still) so bad. Don't they offer some kind of insured delivery? That would probably still be cheaper than DHL. Or make it absolutely clear on the website that international delivery can take up to a month.

Still a bit of a shame to lose out on the current sales prices. Unless I order in bulk of course...

Cheers

Jeffrey

i dont think that £24 is an unfair amount, i certainly couldnt drive to poland myself for that amount and my diesel is paid for by work...

i dont think that £24 is an unfair amount, i certainly couldnt drive to poland myself for that amount and my diesel is paid for by work...

But on the other hand, they wouldn't send a van from Poland just for the one small package of books.I wonder if offering options would work? Quick, reliable but expensive courier, or slow but cheap postal service; and when people choose the latter, they tick a box saying they accept that it will take ages to deliver their books and the publishers can't be responsible for that, especially not to the extent of giving refunds. And if they don't tick the box, the payment doesn't go through and they can't buy the items.

Edited by pigsty

But on the other hand, they wouldn't send a van from Poland just for the one small package of books.I wonder if offering options would work? Quick, reliable but expensive courier, or slow but cheap postal service; and when people choose the latter, they tick a box saying they accept that it will take ages to deliver their books and the publishers can't be responsible for that, especially not to the extent of giving refunds. And if they don't tick the box, the payment doesn't go through and they can't buy the items.

As a dealer myself i must agree with you guys.....and yes sean any deal is covered by law..ie it is up to the seller to deliver them to the customer.....stupid, yes at times, infuriating....oh yes....costs a fortune ...absolutely....italy being the bane of my life....always going missing, theft is rampant in their postal service to the point that royal mail warn us about them!

ian

I've bought a few models from a great Polish seller on ebay, he uses normal post (with rates not much higher than those from UK sellers) & (touch wood) I've never had any problems & they get to South Wales in about 7-10 days. Maybe I've just been lucky, or the Polish Post Office isn't that bad.... :shrug:

Keef

Dear fellow Britmodellers,

As I stated before, we didn't change the shipping policy without reasons. Believe me or not, but there were many cases, when the packages from us were travelling for several weeks, what resulted in PayPal claims against which we couldn't defend, because before the Polish post office have checked if they delivered the packages or not, we were losing the PP disputes.

The amount of such cases was enough to decide that we had change the postal service to the courier. Due to its high cost, the normal shipping is still available for farthest destinations like Australia or NZ, but again such situations appear - in that case Bruce didn't make a PayPal dispute and finally got his package after 4 months, but there were many guys which make them, we had to give them their money back, and sooner or later, they received the books like him. Please understand us, we just can't do business this way.

Regarding making absolutely clear that the shipping can take ages - well, we take the payment by PP to make life easier for the customers, but therefore we have to accept their rules - and PP dispute rules don't take into account that any postal service may work such bad as our national post office. The insured international packages send by them would cost similarly to the courier service. Personally, I also regret that the Polish post office doesn't offer a special cheaper service for sending books and magazines, which is available f.e. in France.

Therefore all we can do is to work on contracting more efficient distributors, as many as it is possible, to let you get our books and decals without problems and anger in your countries, and support your national booksellers that way.

Thank you for your interest and support, which allow us to stay on currently decreasing history book market.

Best regards,

Maciej

Edited by caughtinthemiddle

It's a great pity you've had such a bad experience with your postal system Maciej, if it was that bad in the UK people would be contacting their Member of Parliament, not least because it's very bad for business. I just received a kit from a Polish seller, probably the same as Keef, bought from him before, cheap postage and it arrives about a week later, the same for Silver Wings kits.

However Kagero books can be found on Amazon UK, in Ian Allan bookshops, Aviation Bookshop, Aviation Book Centre, etc.,

Edited by Kagemusha

Thank you for your help everyone! Book depository looked great initially, but most books are marked as "currently unavailable". I've had a look on Amazon already, availability is also a bit patchy. Ian Allen seems to have some good deals, but their search engine really leaves a lot to be desired...Ideally, I'd like to order from Kagero directly, but we discussed that already.

Thank you for your help everyone! Book depository looked great initially, but most books are marked as "currently unavailable". I've had a look on Amazon already, availability is also a bit patchy. Ian Allen seems to have some good deals, but their search engine really leaves a lot to be desired...Ideally, I'd like to order from Kagero directly, but we discussed that already.

With Book Depository if you use the Notify Me option when the book is marked Out of Stock it tells them you are looking for this book and they seem to go out and try and find it for you.

I've done this several times and 99% of the time they have come back in 2 to 3 weeks with the book available again.

Hope this may help.