Trumpeter 1/32 Super Hornet

DSCF4248.jpgHello,

Here is my lastest model the Trumpeter F-18 Super Hornet. I have also included a couple of pictures of the real aircraft, as i had the oppurtunity to vist the carrier USS George W. Bush last year. The model was built out of the box with only minor modifications. The decals came from Aftreburner.

DSCF3379.jpg

DSCF3377-1.jpg

DSCF3381.jpg

DSCF3380.jpg

DSCF4277.jpg

DSCF4276-1.jpg

DSCF4275.jpg

DSCF4274.jpg

DSCF4272.jpg

DSCF4270.jpg

DSCF4269.jpg

DSCF4268-1.jpg

DSCF4264.jpg

DSCF4263.jpg

DSCF4262.jpg

DSCF4261.jpg

DSCF4260.jpg

DSCF4259.jpg

DSCF4256.jpg

DSCF4254.jpg

Edited by korean
  • Like 2

Lovely scheme, another very nicely finished, clean-looking build.

I wonder if the real aircraft had "Pheonix AZ" (as opposed to "PhOEnix") on it? Otherwise there'll be some red faces* at Afterburner Decals :blush:

Al

*as if any error, however obvious, would ever be admitted!

Very nice, but keep them panels closed or take the bombs off next time as its Navy regs that state no electrical panels open with live ordanance fitted.

Adam

Hello All,

Thank you for all your very kind and informative comments. Thanks must also go to Tedfellows for pointing out that panels are indeed not open when bombs or other weapons are installed. Infact i already knew this but as this was a commission and thats what the customer wanted.

To Shan, i found the kit relatively striaght forward. There were some fit issues but nothing that a can't be taken care of with a little patience. I have already built the Harrier and found this kit to be most enjoyable. I will in the next few post some pictures of my Harrier so you can judge for your self.

Korean.

Love the work you did. The work on the avionic bays are great. Very similar to what I did with mine. Keep up the great work. I agree it was quite a good kit to build with very few problems.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love the work you did. The work on the avionic bays are great. Very similar to what I did with mine. Keep up the great work. I agree it was quite a good kit to build with very few problems.

I have to agree with Steve that the avionic bays do look great and that your build is Superb!

All the Best,

Belle

Edited by Belle

Fantastic job!! Congratulations!

Nicolai

• 1 month later...